since Kstars is the client and it is up to the client to display properties it is likely the client that makes things like that.
This is why I use sometimes CDC to check if behavior is the same as in Kstars.
I just compiled Kstars Version 3.5.7 Beta Build: 2021-12-05T21:27:06Z and the bug is closed
It seems someone try to use Bluetooth as the main connection between OnStep and Computer.
Obviously it does not work correctly.
Does somebody use Bluetooth with success?
Have a look on this issue github.com/indilib/indi/issues/1579
Finally started trying to test this and as soon as the port is bound via rfcomm and thus properly setup as /dev/rfcommX (provided it's powered on) I can't seem to reproduce it on my bluetooth board. (Basically what the Instructable does.)
So I'm inclined to think it may be an OS level connection problem, but I'm not entirely sure that's the case.
In the past bluetooth has been finicky as heck. (So that's good for me, but bad for solving the problem unless the above was the problem?)
However, I have discovered: It does sometimes crash kstars if it's disconnected, I'm surprised by that, with all the fixes I did to prevent that, not sure why it would only show up on bluetooth. I'll need to look into that later. (ARGH! I realized I was testing an old branch, so I need to go back and check this again after some updates/rebuilds.)
I have used OnStep via LX200 driver on my MacBook Pro (early 2011). Indi driver seems to be very unstable, it will crash every now and then. From last session, I saved two log files, where driver crashed similar way. It seems that "Child process 567 died". In the attachment is two log files.
Can anyone give me some advices, how can I get driver to be more stable?
Looking at those logs, @azwing is correct, about it being related to things fixed. Those errors will not occur anymore with the current master. Which will be INDI 1.9.4 whenever @knro bumps the version and releases it. I went through and fixed a lot of that after 1.9.3 was released and the specific functions it crashes on there aren't called. (Which is usually about 2 months, and right now it's 2months + 1 day from 1.9.3 (Nov 10), so it should be relatively soon.)
If you want it to not happen before then, you can build it from source. (Not sure what all getting set up to build that includes on mac, but the master repository is here if you want to try: github.com/indilib/indi )
Thank you for helping. I tried to figure out my software versions, but I can't find in which path indiserver is installed on Mac (I tried both directories /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin but can't find it). However Kstars is version 3.5.6 and I suppose that Indi is also newest version. Hope that latest version is available soon and it fixes my problems.
And I'm using wifi connection.