INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

libindi_3rdparty package for Arch Linux?

• Thank you received: 4
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to build the libindi_3rdparty source on Arch Linux, and make exits with an error because of a missing log4z.h file in the indi-qhy folder. I could download that file from another location and the build worked.

However this is not a clean install, I'd rather have a package. There is a package in the Arch User Repository but it's outdated (1.2). I tried creating a package from the source with the added log4z.h but it can't install (says that /lib already exists, duh!) (also I should say that I don't know much about creating Arch packages).

Anyway, does anyone know if I can find a nice PKGBUILD to cleanely install libindi_3rdparty on my Arch system?

Many thanks
6 years 2 months ago #22703

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 8
Hi avilqu,

I am experiencing the same issue and unfortunately cannot offer a solution, sorry. I also installed the few additionally needed 3rd party drivers manually.

I see the main issue with the INDI 3rdparty drivers that they, as a whole, have a lot of dependencies to other packages, 3rd party libraries, etc. So as a big monolithic package it is easy to fail if a single of those dependency cannot be resolved.

Wouldn't it be better to split the 3rdparty drivers into seperate subpackages? E.g. by vendor? Nobody would need them all at the same time.

I am currently experimenting with a CCD driver (old QHY5 and SSAG), which can be build outside the INDI and 3rdparty source tree with only minmal changes (actually only having its own copy of a few scripts from cmake_modules). So it should be possible.

Cheers
Guido
6 years 2 months ago #22705

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds