INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars + additional CCD viewer

• Thank you received: 8
Hi All,

I am experiementing with implementing a standalone viewer for INDI cameras outside of Kstars. As Python is my preferred language I based my work on DCD , because I prefer not to use a C binding.

I still run Kstars to control the CCD settings. So, whenever my viewer requests an image it will also be displayed in Kstars FITS viewer. Am I doing it wrong? Could that be prevented?
BTW, I get a similar issue when switching to the Guide tab in Kstars/Ekos, where I often use the "loop" feature to focus my cameras (when streaming is unavailable or prone to crashes). When switching to the "INDI control panel" and taking an image it will still end up in the Guide tab and not in a seperate FITS viewer.

I assume it is a design flaw of INDI that a client cannot register and deregister for a specific BLOB source. If I am not mistaken, a client receives all BLOBs when it does an "enableBlob". Well, ok, the client could filter and decide if it is currently expecting an image from that source or not.

Cheers
Guido
6 years 2 months ago #22708

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20
6 years 1 month ago #22723

• Thank you received: 8
Thanks. Also interesting, but I would like to stick to my pure Python client.
Currently experimenting with Kivy it could potentially run under Windows and Android as well.

CS
Guido
6 years 1 month ago #22741

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by Greg on topic Kstars + additional CCD viewer

I get it. I bet you could extend that to Python easily enough.

I'm not familiar with Kivy, will check it out.
6 years 1 month ago #22762

Time to create page: 2.684 seconds