INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AP experimental

• Thank you received: 0

AP experimental was created by emmanuel

Hi,

My name is Emmanuel and I am new on this forum.

While setting up my installation, I've encountered a problem with the park position 3 and the experimental AP driver.
When using the park position 3, the park / unpark cycle does not work properly. The unpark from p3 is OK, but during the park to P3, the mount slews to some position it fails to reach because the travel is going through altitude below 0... This has to do with the Azimuth set to 0:00:00. if I set the same Az value than the one used by the ascom driver (359:59:50) it works flawlessly with the indi driver. the park/unpark works as expected. I can reproduce the problem without indi using the bookmark feature of the ascom driver. I reported this subject to AP support which basically says it is normal...

Before to submit a pull request that would prevent the default to be set to az:0:0:0, I'd like to know if anyone has encountered this problem and if we can consider the ascom workaround as an acceptable way to go.

thanks
Manu
5 years 10 months ago #25709

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by DAVID J EISENLORD on topic AP experimental

Manu, I haven't encountered this with Park3 but have with Park 1 and Park 4 and your solution makes sense to me. In fact I can fix my problems with Park1 and Park 4 by simply changing the AZ to be slightly off the Meridian in a direction that will force the mount onto the correct side of the pier. I've tested your coordinate for Park 3 and it works for me. I think the root of the problem is an Az directly on the meridian is indeterminate to which side of the pier the mount choses.

Hopefully @mikefulb the author will see this and chime in.

If you do end up doing your pull request I would ask that you update the Park 1 and Park 4 positions to be as ASCOM as well.

THANK YOU!!
David
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by DAVID J EISENLORD.
5 years 10 months ago #25712

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by DAVID J EISENLORD on topic AP experimental

have just verified that that latest build of the Astro-Physics Experimental driver fixes the problem I had with Park Positions. They are all correct for me with a CP3 and V level firmware. I did my test on a source code build under OSX. My stellarmate is still on the old code and still has the problem.

Thanks @mikefulb !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by DAVID J EISENLORD.
5 years 10 months ago #25973

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds