INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem with PyIndi client

• Thank you received: 5
I am writing a simple client to control my mount via pyindi-client and I just encountered 2 problem.

Problem 1 is I don't know how to obtain the info message generated by driver?

Problem 2: When I test my client with EqMod Mount and the limit is enabled (goto, track and slew), however, the mount will not stop even if it is out of limit and warning can be seen from EKOS's INDI menu. It seems that the TimerHit function or the ReadScopeStatus function in driver is not called but I don't know the reason for that.

Hope someone can give some help with these 2 problems.
Main Scope: GSO RC8 (195mm f/8.2)
Focuser: MoonLite 1.5" for RC
Mount: AZ-EQ6
Guider: Moravian OAG with Moravian G1-2000M
Primary Cam: Moravian G2-3200
Filter: Johnson-Cousin BVI ; SDSS g' r' i' z' ; Strömgren b, Strömgren v, DDO-51, H-Alpha (3nm), H-Alpha(13.6nm)
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by starrybird.
5 years 9 months ago #26688

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13
Sorry, I don't own a skywatcher mount nor do I use eqmod, what is the limit yiu are talking about ?
5 years 9 months ago #26706

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Problem with PyIndi client

I think problem #2 is occurring on my side too, but we need to qualify the issue properly before taking action (test setup and logs).

-Eric
5 years 9 months ago #26713

• Thank you received: 5
I overwritten the newMessage method and the problem solved
def newMessage(self, d, m):                                                                                            
    message = d.messageQueue(m)                                                                                        
    message.acquire()                                                                                                  
    message_string = ctypes.cast(message.__int__(), ctypes.POINTER(ctypes.c_char_p)).contents.value.decode('utf-8')    
    message.disown()                                                                                                   
    wx.PostEvent(self.__parent, CommonEvent(common.ID_EV_UPDATE_STATUS_BAR, message_string))
Main Scope: GSO RC8 (195mm f/8.2)
Focuser: MoonLite 1.5" for RC
Mount: AZ-EQ6
Guider: Moravian OAG with Moravian G1-2000M
Primary Cam: Moravian G2-3200
Filter: Johnson-Cousin BVI ; SDSS g' r' i' z' ; Strömgren b, Strömgren v, DDO-51, H-Alpha (3nm), H-Alpha(13.6nm)
5 years 8 months ago #26921

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds