INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Add python script execution when auto guiding is failed in Ekos

• Thank you received: 5
Some of the softwares such as SGP supports notification via email when auto guiding is failed. I think this feature is useful when you set up an automatic observation during the night. My way is much simple: just add a python script execution when auto guiding is failed. Then I can write my own script to notify me something went wrong.

Moreover, it will be nice if script execution can be added to other modules (focus, capture, alignment etc) when things go wrong. For an autonomous observation, anything goes wrong should be notified to the observer asap. This will help the observer to deal with the problem immediately without wasting the time.

For these scripts, I think it should only take effect for schedule observation.

Any view on this feature?
Main Scope: GSO RC8 (195mm f/8.2)
Focuser: MoonLite 1.5" for RC
Mount: AZ-EQ6
Guider: Moravian OAG with Moravian G1-2000M
Primary Cam: Moravian G2-3200
Filter: Johnson-Cousin BVI ; SDSS g' r' i' z' ; Strömgren b, Strömgren v, DDO-51, H-Alpha (3nm), H-Alpha(13.6nm)
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by starrybird.
5 years 9 months ago #26925

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
I plan to implement a notification system for each step of the scheduler, with a more or less generic backend. As a first step, currently we have the log output, which is fairly complete but requires more strict formatting to be properly parsed by an event analyzer. Also, log rotation.

-Eric
5 years 9 months ago #26943

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds