INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Editing items in the Scheduler and Capture Modules

• Thank you received: 301
With the recent changes in the Scheduler module, I am trying to make the job list interface similar to the Capture module.

Currently, both modules work by filling the fields on the left-hand part of the screen, then pressing the "+" button to add a job item. In order to edit a job item, one double-clicks a line, which fills the left-hand fields with the job item properties. Then, only considering UI feedback, in the case of the Scheduler, properties are updated and recorded on-the-fly, while in the case of the Capture module, properties get recorded when clicking on the "apply" button.

Updating the evaluation of the schedule list on-the-fly is interesting for user feedback in the case of the Scheduler module. There's no particular need for now in the Capture module.

Thus the "apply" button isn't very useful in the Scheduler module. It could also be bypassed completely in the Capture module.

Therefore I'd like your opinion on the removal of the "apply" button in both modules, and introduction of a "revert changes" that really does revert the edited job item to its prior state.

All comments about the ergonomy of the two modules are obviously welcome, but let us try to keep the thread focused on the topic of editing job items.

-Eric
5 years 7 months ago #28753

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
It seems like a sensible decision to remove the apply button. One question though. When you write “prior state” which state do you mean exactly? It sounds to me as though any GUI update on the left hand side will update the job so pressing that “revert changes” button will only revert the latest change and multiple presses are needed to revert all changes done since double clicking the job row?
5 years 7 months ago #28755

• Thank you received: 301
Sorry for not being clear. In terms of edition, I would consider three "states": initial job item that the end-user wants to update, job item being actively edited by the end-user, and job item updated and ready to use.

In that context, "prior state" would refer to the state of the job item before double-clicking its table line. No plan to do a full undo history right now.

-Eric
5 years 7 months ago #28757

• Thank you received: 420
Ok thanks for the clarification.

Wouter
5 years 7 months ago #28759

Time to create page: 0.301 seconds