INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indiwebserver securisation

• Thank you received: 9
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if everybody on my network can takes control on indiwebmanager ans for example killed it.

Is there a way to give a password to indiwebmanager ? Is this planned?

Thanks

Jb
5 years 5 months ago #31141

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812
I keep mine on a private network most of the time, either my home network when I am at home or a secure network that I create in the observing field so they would need a password to get access to my network to get at my indiserver. I believe that is plenty secure for most applications.
5 years 5 months ago #31150

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Indiwebserver securisation

You can create a ssh tunnel to the indiserver, secured with keys instead of a password. This allows you to connect to a local indiserver port that forwards to a remote in a transparent manner.

-Eric
5 years 5 months ago #31152

• Thank you received: 104
Hi JB,

You can use standard system tool to secure the access to both indiserver and webmanager so a password in the webmanager is probably not required because it not help to secure the access to indiserver.

First be sure the two services (port 7624 and 8624) cannot be accessed externally, you can bind the service to 127.0.0.1 or use iptables. You not need more if the client is on the same computer.

For remote access, create ssh tunnel for this two port from the client computer as indicated by Eric.
For the webmanager an alternative is to use the Apache reverse proxy and Apache authentication.

Patrick
5 years 5 months ago #31159

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds