INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

iEXOS100 Mount Tested With PMC8 Driver

• Thank you received: 1
Hi Mike,

I have the iEXOS-100 and the Stellarmate unit running 1.4.2
I've set the DTR and and set Stellarmate can see the mount but disconnects.
any suggestions?

Thank you
Jim (a.k.a DrStrangeLv)
Mount iEXOS-100
Main Scope Williams Z61
Canon T6i Full Spectrum
4 years 7 months ago #41592

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Got this to work. The secret is the baud rate it must be set to 115200 to connect.
Mount iEXOS-100
Main Scope Williams Z61
Canon T6i Full Spectrum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
4 years 7 months ago #42034

Thanks, I will make this the default baud rate for iEXES100 in the driver.
4 years 7 months ago #42119

ok I just pushed v0.2 of the driver:
1. Default baud set to 115200 for iEXOS100
2. Parking to set NONE (since custom parking is not support)
3. Added entries for EXOS2 and iEXOS100 in drivers.xml and then used this to automatically detect the mount type. So one less hassle for users.

Curious why there is limitation for southern hemisphere? How about setting date/time, what's the limitation here as well?
4 years 7 months ago #42120

• Thank you received: 30
The mount only understands motor position (in steps) and most the heavy lifting is done by the OS level driver. There is some logic involved in converting RA/DEC to motor position that had been verified for the Northern Hemisphere but not the Southern when I put together the first version of this driver.

I guess it would be interesting if someone could do some controlled testing in the Southern Hemisphere to see how it acts but they would want to be ready to intervene if something goes wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
4 years 7 months ago #42125

• Thank you received: 0
Hi
I have a question about connection cable to connect mout iEXOS 100 via usb with Raspberry Pi3B+ .
Is it for oryginal cable?
4 years 7 months ago #42131

Hi,

I'd like someone to clarify the iEXOS-100 connection to computer.

In the mount manual there is an image showing miniUSB port. In the indilib Devices/Mounts/Explore Scientific PMC-Eight/Requirements section, there is a statement that says we have to use SPECIAL USB Serial cable and link to the solution incorporationg a FTDI USB<->Serial cable.

What is the purpose of using this SPECIAL USB Serial cable if we already have an USB port in the computer and mount itself?

Clear skies!
Patryk
4 years 6 months ago #43716

I don't think this applies for direct usb connection. The driver documentation should be updated. Were there models before that use serial to usb cables? if yes which ones? maybe we can post photos of the model that requires this FTDI cable mod?
4 years 6 months ago #43720

It is pretty obvious which models need a USB->Serial adapter and which accept a mini-USB cable. The iEXOS100 is the only one I know of that takes the mini-USB at the moment but I haven't looked at this for many months perhaps ES changed something.
4 years 6 months ago #43721

Thanks guys for quick reply.

Let me clarify: I'm in process of decision whether to buy iEXOS-100 and get rid of my EQ3-2 SynScan Goto. I've just bought QHY5L-II-M and QHY miniGuideScope and planning to buy TS71SDQ Quadruplet, the only thing remains is the mount.
For my amateur astrophotography I use INDI server on Ubuntu Server 18.04 on RPi2B+ with WIfi dongle. As a client for INDI server I use macOS 10.15 and Kstars 3.3.6 and like to stick with it, as a macOS-only user (no plans for VM/BootCamp with Wndows).
My hardware setup is: SW 150/750 on EQ3-2 SynScan Goto as EQMod Mount via PC-Direct mode and Canon 700D without IR filter.
I really like the iEXOS-100 mount because of it's light weight (I have to carry my gear IN and OUT everytime coz of robbing neighbourhood) and for belt-driven mechanism.

The thing is: will I be able to use iEXOS-100 the same way I did with EQMod Mount?

All the best!
Patryk
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Patryk Gutaker.
4 years 6 months ago #43727

The PMC8 driver has not seen much testing and I would consider it maybe beta at best in stability. The EQMOD driver on the other hand is one of the best developed and maintained drivers. I would look at another EQMOD mount if the functionality and stability of EQMOD is important to you.

And to be honest I don't consider a mount being light a good measure for an imaging mount - you want stability.
4 years 6 months ago #43742

Hi Mike,
Yeah, I already know that... BUT I have to consider:
  • my spine injury (doctor said I'm not supposed to lift more than 25kg)
  • neighborhood (guys wandering around at night, stealing things)
  • I'm low on budget and can't afford HEQ5, worth in Poland ~1150$ (it's heavy BTW
I'm trying to find the best solution, and I find iEXOS-100 is the way to go, as the guys from espmc-eight reporting successful 10min exposures.

I think that swapping my old, good EQ3-2 SynScan GoTo for iEXOS-100 is the right choice, as my mount isn't capable of guiding anyway.
What do you think?
4 years 6 months ago #43743

Time to create page: 1.371 seconds