INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

CMake not running with QTCreator

• Thank you received: 138
My latest problem is that libindi will not build. What seems to happen is that CMake does not run.
I'm using QTCreator 3.5.1 and AFAIK have set up the INDI development correctly
The initial run of CMake had the -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr command line.
The build settings seem to have CMake specified with the build directory
/home/chris/Projects/indi/libindi-build
There is a Custom Process Step: kdesudo -c 'make install'

When I build I almost instantly get the request for my password, the compile output shows:
10:27:16: Running steps for project libindi...
10:27:16: Starting: "/usr/bin/kdesudo" -c 'make install'
10:27:23: The process "/usr/bin/kdesudo" exited with code 1.
Error while building/deploying project libindi (kit: indi dev)
When executing step "Custom Process Step"
10:27:23: Elapsed time: 00:06.
I cancelled the password request. There's no indication that CMake even started.

I'm getting a bit fed up with this, I don't mind helping to support this with code but I'm spending all my time fighting the system.
5 years 3 weeks ago #35669

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 62
I recently set up QTbuilder with the same version 3.5.1 following the steps in the developer manual video (indilib.org/develop/developer-manual/163...ent-environment.html ) and everything went fine.
Need just to adapt compiler commands to ubuntu / gnome. Which OS are you using btw?
5 years 3 weeks ago #35695

Ubuntu Make 16.04
I've been running QTCreator quite successfully but renamed the indi folder abd did a new clone in the hope of removing a corrupted git. This one fails as I described and I can't see a way to fix it.
5 years 3 weeks ago #35725

I see...on Mate you don't have kdesudo as it is available on KDE.
Try instead gnome-terminal in 'command' and -e "sudo make install" in 'Arguments'. Or -c "sudo make install" on newer versions.

EDIT: But you say that previously was working. Was on Mate using kdesudo?

ferrante
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Ferrante Enriques.
5 years 3 weeks ago #35726

But the problem I have is that cmake isn't running, not the install part. That seems OK.
And kdesudo is running. The exit is because I cancelled the request for a password. There's no point in installing when no build has been done.
The problem I have is that CMake is not running. That is the problem I would like to get some help with.
5 years 3 weeks ago #35728

the error that you posted seems to be a kdesudo error during build. I would give the other command a try.
Otherwise have no idea, sorry.
5 years 3 weeks ago #35731

The problem I have is in the title of this thread "CMake not running with QTCreator".

I am hoping that people familiar with the development process will be able to help with my problem that there was no cmake command before the kdesudo install line.
I could revert to a previous clone of indi, the code all builds on that but git won't allow me to push the changes so I can't sent a PR to Jasem.
This is because I'm trying to get a clone of indi working that will allow me to push code to my branch.

Jasem has been very accommodating and we got the driver for the new Celestron focuser out because I emailed copies of the files to him and he pushed them to the build but that's not viable in the long term. Tempting though.
5 years 3 weeks ago #35732

I see to have got this going.
I had a previous version of the indi sources which I had renamed, this would still work so I did a diff between the two directories. What I found was a load of generated make files and library files scattered around. I went through the two directories removing anything from the new folder that wasn't in the old, then deleted the CMakelists.txt.user file.
When I reloaded the project in QTCreator it wanted a run of CMake and this time it seems to have worked because the build button will now run CMake and everything is being rebuilt.

Hopefully if anyone else has this problem they will find this message.
5 years 3 weeks ago #35836

Time to create page: 0.746 seconds