INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Standards on KEY's in drivers

1 year 1 month ago
mworion
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Standards on KEY's in drivers #37452
Hi,

I recognized that in different drivers the same value might be addressed via a different key. So happened with MBOX driver, which is surprisingly using 'WEATHER_BAROMETER' for the pressure reading, whereas the OpenWeather Driver and many others are using 'WEATHER_PRESSURE' as Key. For me programming against the INDI server interface this causes me some trouble as I have to find out what driver want's to need which key setup. Is there any proposal out there ? Does it make sense to start a semantic for the keywords ?

Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago
ChrisRowland
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Standards on KEY's in drivers #37470
There are standard propertied defined here indilib.org/develop/developer-manual/101...dard-properties.html

This defines an ATMOSPHERE number property with values of TEMPERATURE, PRESSURE and HUMIDITY.
These aren't specifically weather properties, however it says "The name of a standard property and its members must be strictly reserved in all drivers. ".

1 year 1 month ago
mworion
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Standards on KEY's in drivers #37495
Chris,
many thanks, I read through the link. With that in mind, I would expect the Weather data as "Atmospheric" Pressure etc. But this is also not true.
But good to hear that there is a semantic.

@ Jasem: With all the devices you see, how do you proceed with the EKOS GUI to make all Key's happen? I only could think of parsing the indi xml data and building dynamically the GUI for a device.

Michel

1 year 1 month ago
pidlug
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Standards on KEY's in drivers #37515
It iis a good question!
I searched the sources and seems the only driver which uses ATMOSPHERE/TEMPERATORE and HUMIDITY is my DreamFocuser. Now I'm rather thinking to change that to WEATHER_TEMPERATURE and WEATHER_HUMIDITY - which seem to be used across other drivers...

1 year 1 month ago
ChrisRowland
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Standards on KEY's in drivers #37523
It would be good to get some feedack from the INDI leaders but I don't see how applicatons can cope if driver developers can implement any name they like for the standard defined prperties.

Time to create page: 1.122 seconds