INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Standards on KEY's in drivers

• Thank you received: 28
Hi,

I recognized that in different drivers the same value might be addressed via a different key. So happened with MBOX driver, which is surprisingly using 'WEATHER_BAROMETER' for the pressure reading, whereas the OpenWeather Driver and many others are using 'WEATHER_PRESSURE' as Key. For me programming against the INDI server interface this causes me some trouble as I have to find out what driver want's to need which key setup. Is there any proposal out there ? Does it make sense to start a semantic for the keywords ?

Michel
5 years 1 week ago #37452

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 138
There are standard propertied defined here indilib.org/develop/developer-manual/101...dard-properties.html

This defines an ATMOSPHERE number property with values of TEMPERATURE, PRESSURE and HUMIDITY.
These aren't specifically weather properties, however it says "The name of a standard property and its members must be strictly reserved in all drivers. ".
5 years 1 week ago #37470

• Thank you received: 28
Chris,
many thanks, I read through the link. With that in mind, I would expect the Weather data as "Atmospheric" Pressure etc. But this is also not true.
But good to hear that there is a semantic.

@ Jasem: With all the devices you see, how do you proceed with the EKOS GUI to make all Key's happen? I only could think of parsing the indi xml data and building dynamically the GUI for a device.

Michel
5 years 1 week ago #37495

• Thank you received: 0
It iis a good question!
I searched the sources and seems the only driver which uses ATMOSPHERE/TEMPERATORE and HUMIDITY is my DreamFocuser. Now I'm rather thinking to change that to WEATHER_TEMPERATURE and WEATHER_HUMIDITY - which seem to be used across other drivers...
5 years 1 week ago #37515

• Thank you received: 138
It would be good to get some feedack from the INDI leaders but I don't see how applicatons can cope if driver developers can implement any name they like for the standard defined prperties.
5 years 1 week ago #37523

Time to create page: 0.597 seconds