INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New client development in JavaScript

• Thank you received: 1
Hi All,

I’ve been browsing the docs for a while now but can’t find anything usefull yet. I also wasn’t able to find a good example that is talking over the XML protocol, so here I am.

A little background story. At first I wanted to start with the ASCOM platform because I knew they have a thing called ASCOMRemote, which is a REST API which allows control over all the devices connected. Because the fetching of devices etc. currently it is disabled because they are reworking it, I figured to start with INDI instead.

As stated above I’d like to connect from basicly a webpage to the INDI server with JavaScript. Where is described how this protocol works? All the examples seem to use Python or C(++) and include a library. So I’m a bit lost in the docs where to find this information.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could push me into the right direction, perhaps with some examples as well. Thanks a bunch in advance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
4 years 10 months ago #39422

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

There are many clients written in different languages. If you're looking at something with Javascript, maybe checkout this project: github.com/GuLinux/AstroPhoto-Plus
4 years 10 months ago #39423

• Thank you received: 30
Hello

If you are looking for a full JavaScript client, there is one in Mobindi. Look here :
github.com/pludov/mobindi/blob/master/Indi.ts

Not much documented but with lot of usage in the rest of the code.

However, it works only within nodejs , not in browser. (Would require tcp socket not available in a browser)

Why do you want JS ?

Pludov
4 years 10 months ago #39426

Thanks for the quick replies guys! The reason I want to do it in the browser is because i want something easily accesible by everyone over multiple platforms, wether it is Windows, OS X, phone or tablet. Also, I know Javascript and Python and c not so well :) .
4 years 10 months ago #39427

To be clear, currently it is not possible to connect from the web to an INDI server. Are there plans to invest in such functionality?
4 years 10 months ago #39501

Time to create page: 0.842 seconds