INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

A new INDI WebManager App for Mac OS X and Linux

• Thank you received: 809
Announcing the new INDI Web Manager App program

Now, Mac users will be able to launch an INDI Web Manager on their Mac OS X machines just as easily as Linux users currently do!

This program works on both Mac OS X and Linux machines. I have prepared a preliminary dmg for Mac OS X and am currently working on getting a Debian package set up for Linux. I have been working hard on this program over the past week and I think it is now ready for extensive testing.

What it does:
- Allows easy and extensive configuration of the options for an INDI Web Manager and an INDI server.
- Makes it easy to set up a Stand alone INDI Server on OS X. (Basically what the Cloudmakers former INDIServer program did)
- Allows the setup of an INDI Web Manager on an OS X machine (which was formerly VERY difficult)
- Note that having an INDI Web Manager running on a remote OS X machine will facilitate stopping, starting, and configuring the INDI Server over the network from a client such as KStars or via a web browser on the local network.
- Provides a GUI interface for Starting, Stoping, Accessing, Configuring, and Monitoring an INDI Web Manager and INDI Server on OS X and Linux

The DMG for OS X:
drive.google.com/open?id=1zLj7xHNXh78fWDOip7m0nlNfgk0eBC8B

The Github Page with Source Code and Documentation:
github.com/rlancaste/INDIWebManagerApp

Please test with your OS X system if you can.

It can also be tested on Linux, you would just need to clone the git repo and build it yourself. Sorry, soon I will have a Linux Debian package, I will post that when I have it.

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick Chevalley, T-Studio, Tom, AstroNerd
4 years 9 months ago #40260
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 104
I tested the new Mac package.

It work fine and the installation process is much simple with less confirmation box than before.
Congratulation for this work!
4 years 9 months ago #40263

• Thank you received: 30
I am always grateful for your works.
4 years 9 months ago #40265

• Thank you received: 15

Hi,

Any steps for us to build it ourself in linux? Thanks

Tom
4 years 9 months ago #40267

For Linux,

I'm not a Linux expert, and I'm working on how to distribute my code on Linux, but these instructions should work.

1. First you need to install the main dependencies. I haven't yet figured all those out yet. but I think the following will do. There might be more here than needed, I'm not sure, or maybe there is something missing. I'm still working this out.

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/ppa -y
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install cmake pkg-config extra-cmake-modules qtbase5-dev kdoctools-dev libkf5config-dev libkf5i18n-dev libindi-dev indi-full gsc qtcreator

2. Second you need to install python and indiweb
This one I'm less certain as to what is needed, since python is a different install on different systems, but I think you want to get python3 installed and then use pip to install indiweb. I think that you can use python2 as well, but python3 is probably preferable.

sudo apt-get install python3.6 or maybe sudo apt-get install python3-pip
sudo pip3 install indiweb

3. Then clone the repo

git clone github.com/rlancaste/INDIWebManagerApp

4. Then open cmakelists.txt inside the INDIWebManagerApp folder in QT Creator, run cmake, click the run button, and you are good to go.

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom
4 years 9 months ago #40269

I think I will make the install button install indiweb on Linux as well as OS X. It certainly can do that since it doesn't require authentication. That will solve the issue of how to make a Debian package install the dependencies of this program since I don't know how to make a pip installed program a dependency for the apt package manager.
4 years 9 months ago #40283

Ok I did add that, and I also came up with a way to actively monitor the port of the running Indi server so now this will update on the display if the port gets changed.

Here is a new DMG for Macs. Please let me know if there is anything else.

drive.google.com/open?id=1p03pKsaklGeTKqSmzYMstBirLxUf6tyC
4 years 9 months ago #40284

• Thank you received: 104
I cannot test now, but the code to install indiweb on Linux look good to work with both Python2 or Python3.

For the deb package you probably only need to make a dependency to python3-pip because it include the python3 dependency itself.
4 years 9 months ago #40286

Thanks I will try that
4 years 9 months ago #40291

We are still working on getting the Linux Debian package to work. But here is a release of 0.6 for os x

github.com/rlancaste/INDIWebManagerApp/releases
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
4 years 9 months ago #40406

4 years 9 months ago #40477

• Thank you received: 69

As a newbie, is there a log of what my problem might be? This is on an Odroid-N2 running 18.04 w/kstars bleeding.

Thanks
Jerry
4 years 9 months ago #40491
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds