INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Which forum for general driver writing support?

• Thank you received: 14
I'm creating an indi focus driver and have a quick question, but it is not related to focuser driver, more general implementation.

My problem is that somehow I have broken the slider against two of my values (Max Position, and Absolute position). By broken, I mean the slider no longer appears, neither does the up down arrows for changing value, I can how ever edit manually using keyboard and apply the vale successfully. I am not sure when I broke these two controls, but any guidance on what may have caused this would be appreciated.

4 years 6 months ago #42989
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Check the STEP of these value. Now this depends on the client implementation, so in KStars, we check (max - min) / step. If this value <= 100, then we show slider. If above, we just show the text control you see above. So to see the slider, in KStars at least, maybe increase the step size for these properties so that (max - min) / step <= 100 ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Townshend
4 years 6 months ago #42993

and all driver development questions should go to the development forum.. moving this post there now..
4 years 6 months ago #42994

• Thank you received: 14
Thank you for the information, it has saved me hours trying to work out what I might have broke!
4 years 6 months ago #43059

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds