INDI Library v1.8.1 Released (09 Sep 2019)

Monthly maintenance release INDI v1.8.1

Communicating with HID devices

1 month 3 days ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Topic Author
Communicating with HID devices #44590
INDI uses libusb to communicate with HID devices. Under linux, we're using hid_libusb here: github.com/indilib/indi/blob/master/libs/indibase/hid_libusb.c

However, I don't recall getting any successful communication with HID devices under Linux. I was troubleshooting EFS focuser recently and found out that hid_read times out all the time.

Anyone has any ideas what could be the reason for this? anyone has drivers using HID libusb above working with Linux?

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 3 days ago
PDB
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Communicating with HID devices #44593
Hello Jasem,

isn't the SX filterwheel using this? For me that worlks better than the windows version of the filterwheel (which always ends up in error and SX can't provide a solution for that) So I switched my W10 pc to a remote dual boot system (took some effort) and now running the filterwheel without problems. (At least I think, weather has not permitted real testing, but I get no errors and fw spins whenever it is needed. Still need the W10 for solar because Linux USB is not fast enough for high framerates, otherwhise W10 woul have gone to the scrapyard already long time.

Paul

1 month 3 days ago
jpaana
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Communicating with HID devices #44601
Yes, SX USB filter wheel I have uses it and works fine. I also made a driver for a home grown power switch/distribution box ( github.com/jpaana/indi-komahub ) that uses Teensy MCU in HID mode. I remember it was quite particular that the reads and writes are of correct length, but other that that it worked quite easily once I remembered to add udev rule to give myself permission to use it :)

Remote observatory running Ubuntu 19.10 x64 with ScopeDome 2M, Skywatcher EQ8 and HEQ5, TS 8" RC, Atik 383L+, ASI178MC, ASI120MM-S, SX Lodestar X2, SX USB wheel with OAG, ZWO EAF, USB_Focus V3, Gemini SnapCap, USB_DewPoint, KomaHub

1 month 2 days ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Topic Author
Communicating with HID devices #44635
Ok, I'm having trouble communicating with Starlight EFS.. maybe it's another reason.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds