INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI support for PrimaluceLab ESATTO 2" MotorFocuser

Great investigation! You can check the source code for the existing focusers and start from there, it's not really very difficult once you get the hang of it. You just need to process the JSON and the rest is the same like the other drivers. Let me know if you run into any difficulties.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirill
3 years 10 months ago #54333

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5
Thanks!

Well, looks like no clear sky for me all the week. Why not to try to make my first driver ?)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Jim
3 years 10 months ago #54339

Awesome idea!! I found that openweathermap driver uses JSON and it's using them via gason.h/cpp files in drivers/weather.. so you can copy these two files to drivers/focuser to get started and then later I'll make both your driver and weather use them from a single location. But any rate, at at this, just simply copy them over to drivers/focuser so you can work on it from there.
3 years 10 months ago #54342

I just made quick check on SESTO SESNO 2 driver and looks like it use similar commands and principes. So it should be much easier then I think.
I will try to adopt it this weekend.

All the parsing procedures and communication protocols already there I just need to dig deeper and make some changes.

So I think there no need to implement openweathermap JSON parsing features. And probably it is not a JSON it just looks like it. I am not an engeneer at all so can make such mistakes.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Kirill.
3 years 10 months ago #54348

• Thank you received: 1
Hello,

I suppose the commands are the same or similar for SestoSenso2 and Esatto 2. Look at the sestosenso2 driver source (sestosenso2.cpp, sestosenso2.h), I implemented commands in seperate class 'CommandSet' with Esatto driver in mind. You can use it and 'SestoSenso2' class as well.
If you test communication in terminal, first you have to setup some flags, disable ECHO and enable ICANON by stty command in linux (as I remember) to get the correct single line response.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirill
3 years 10 months ago #54519

Well, I get it worked.

Focuser move in and out , can reach desired position, abort etc...
Yes, commands are similar to sestosenso2 and few of it I keep unchanged and my driver just a modification of Sesto Senso 2 driver

I need to investigate some non critical bugs , fix it and it can be used.
Also I run in troubles with setting up QT Creators how it described in iutorial... QT cant find stddef.h so I drop it made all changes in text editor, build and install from terminal, then just run test with Kstars

I think the first version of driver will be ready in few days, with basic functions and then I'll add rest of them (like LEDs, Presets, Voltage etc).
Also still waiting for Tprobes so can test how it works.
3 years 10 months ago #54535

And yes I nocticed a CommandSet and it make process of modification relatively easy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Piotr
3 years 10 months ago #54543

• Thank you received: 0
Hi

i'm also very interested about the ESATTO2 focuser support on EKOS, i'm using EKOS with ASI1600GT + TOA130 + Losmandy G11
just remain the focuser to have every setup in remote using raspberry pi 3

i wanted to buy ESATTO2 but just saw it was not supported on ekos with raspberry pi

then read this topic, so i'll wait until it is suppored to buy it, any ideas how long to get it include for raspberry ?

if i can install a preliminary version i could order it to help the validation process

Regards
Eric
3 years 9 months ago #54973

Hi ,
There is a delay with a driver, due ...work stuff. Anyway I keep working on it and will release it

BTW, you can use SestoSenso2 driver to control ESATTO 2, but errors will ocurr.
3 years 9 months ago #54996

• Thank you received: 54
Waiting for my ESATTO 2 (almost 2 months now) . Any time available and any progress on the driver?

Even though I will start with the SestoSenso2 driver when I get my focuser, I'm looking forward to a specific driver for the ESATTO. Thanks for all your work on that.
3 years 8 months ago #57289

• Thank you received: 139
I would assume, that whatever developments happen here for the 2" ESATTO also will work for the 3" and 4" versions as they only to appear different in size. Possibly considering a 4" for an FSQ 106.
3 years 8 months ago #57296

Well,

Dusiness is taking alot of time right now and development of driver stuck somwhere in the middle

I still not migrated on Linux with my setup so probably that is a reason too

Anyway I will try to make first version next week

And yes< it is correct - difference between 2" and 3" only size
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilles Gagnon
3 years 8 months ago #57298

Time to create page: 1.064 seconds