INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Qt and Python3 process problem with astrometry

• Thank you received: 41
Hi, I think that I’ve discovered some problem with the way in which the local version of astrometry.net is called.

I’ve put the logs and describing the problem on this other thread r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid...pe=t&link_source=app

But now, I think that this problem is better suited for the developers forum.

Any clue of what can be producing this error? As described in some runs it didn’t happens at all. Yesterday I was able to work for about 3h without problems. But today I started to see the problem since the beginning (and I was unable to make the polar alignment, because the interference freezes the refresh view in which I should see my mount movements.

Thanks in advance
4 years 3 months ago #47308

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Second session with exactly the same behavior This time I was able to perform some work choosing ASTAP as the astrometry engine. So definitively is something related with the interface between the align module and Astrometry.net
4 years 3 months ago #47380

• Thank you received: 133
Can you run astrometry.net locally on the command line? I also use a local install with python3, but never had issues with kstars/ekos using it.
There were some issues with the install if you compile it for python3 use - some scripts still used the wrong version and tried to run python2. But AFAIK that had been fixed in a recent update...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rafa Barberá
4 years 3 months ago #47386

Hi DerPit,

Yes I can run astrometry.net . In fact if I wait the 30sec, after the timeout align module will take a new image and it will be solved. Then after the slew.... other 30 sec pause waiting for the timeout of QProcess and the it continue. Right now I'm trying ASTAP as a workaround about this odd behavior

Thanks for your help
4 years 3 months ago #47389

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds