INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Snooping issues, paches to 1.8.3

7 months 3 days ago 7 months 3 days ago by stefanz.
stefanz
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Snooping issues, paches to 1.8.3 #47848
Hi,

for me, a few things in the indi package does not work as desired (I already reported some of the issues in the past) and I therefore use a patched version. I attached these patches for the latest version. Maybe some one wants to apply them to the main repository.

Changes are:
  • Camera drivers now support snooping from J2000 coordinates. In practice telescopes are usually synced to J2000 coordinates (I cant imagine a situation where mount is synced to EOD coordinates). My software therefore correctly uses the 'EQUATORIAL_COORD' property. The patch now also snoops this coordinates and prefers them if both kinds are delivered. (If libindi converts EOD to J2000, the difference seem to be quite large, a few arcmin. I'm not sure whether this is correct.)
  • The EOD -> J2000 conversion now moved to 'addFITSKeywords()' and thus updated per image if the loop capture function is used (enabled to, I make heavy use of it)
  • Names of the driver I use are now script compatible and unique if possible (I use indi_getprop and indi_setprop for device control)

Regards Stefan

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds