INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Modification or personalization of the window(tab) Dome of kstars.

• Thank you received: 3
Here it is, thanks to Tom (from the forum) who developed a driver for my observatory roof, and I wouldn't have done anything without him, I would like to modify the Dome window (tab) of kstars.
Because on the "indi" window of kstars I have an action button that I would like to add on the "Dome" window.

And if it is possible, I would also like to add a light to tell me if my mount is well parked, because I put sensors to make sure.
But that, it would be really the must of the must!

Best regards
Christophe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Porchet.
3 years 11 months ago #51375
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

And another thing is it's possible to put the text in French, well that's ok too, ;-)
3 years 11 months ago #51380

• Thank you received: 301
Ah, il manque des traducteurs et des traductions, effectivement... Et une amélioration de l'apparence de l'interface...

You need the auxiliary button added to the dome interface, but what is this button leading to? And about the mount parking state, is this the same indicator as found in the mount tab?

-Eric
3 years 11 months ago #51426

Hello
Auxiliary button and use to turn on 220V for the observatory installation.
Normally only the pc(on standby) and the arduino are powered.

About the status, I'm not the one to "move" in Dome I have these.
Opening up.
Open.
Closing.
Close

-Christophe
3 years 11 months ago #51427

• Thank you received: 42
Eric,
The roll off roof driver was derived from the rolloff simulator driver. The Park/Unpark is the same, inherited from the Dome and controlled from the Observatory. github.com/wotalota/indi-rolloffino

My response to Christophe was that I could not change the Observatory. That power management was not really the domain of the roof driver. I use something like: www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html. He wanted something within KStars so the auxiliary button was added and his Arduino code could choose to use that as a power on/off request.

/Tom
3 years 11 months ago #51442

hello Tom
how's it going at home with that Covid-19 crap?
At home I have and more or less confined but I take the opportunity to see how to put the texts of your driver in French and see if it's possible to put this command button on the dome window in kstars.

Christophe
3 years 11 months ago #51444

• Thank you received: 301
My suggestion for this highly specific customization is to fork the kstars github, derive a branch from the latest release and add the required UI element, wrapping the call to the INDI driver in. You should be able to pull changes from the main github and rebuild your fork with with little effort.

-Eric
3 years 11 months ago #51452

So me programming questions, I'm too novice to understand.
I'd need an example for me to try...
3 years 11 months ago #51462

• Thank you received: 42
A question on translation, in particular for a driver. I am not understanding what is involved. I had assumed that using the INDI system calls would result in i18n handling when the button or label was built into a GUI representation. In Christophe's images above some of the driver's buttons and labels are translated but not others. Similar situation in the Observatory panel.
In the Observatory "Close" button appears to be translated, though hard to see on my screen, but "Close" in the driver is not translated.
Not sure what locale Christophe is using but have not yet managed to get my Fedora/Cinnamon system to properly display KDE Qt5 applications by changing to fr_FR.UTF-8.

Before resorting to a Ubuntu build to experiment with I wanted to ask Is there something that can be done in the driver to enable the translations?
3 years 11 months ago #51511
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.782 seconds