INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem with Pegasus Universal Power Box 2

• Thank you received: 140

No, 1.4 is the latest firmwear....
3 years 11 months ago #53049

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 27
Sorry, could not answer earlier (short hospital visit again).

Very strange that the 1 change (sending the correct hub port number) would impact the focuser. Can there be any mixup with indi libraries on the systems? I remember before the changes, I had problems wit disable/enable the hub. I have no focuser connected, so can't test that. The driver in the official release is still older, and I think there were changes to get rid of the "invalid sensor data"; so maybe something else mixed up.

Paul
3 years 11 months ago #53062

• Thank you received: 139
Jasem has requested access to my Stellarmate to test some things with the driver. Hopefully that will resolve any issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
3 years 11 months ago #53063

Just did a quick test. Focuser IN/OUt works from EKAS. Enable disable the hub does not seem to do anything. But need to make some log files.

P.
3 years 11 months ago #53064

Jasem got into my Stellarmate this morning, and ran through all the issues to fix them. It appears to all be working now unless you see something specific still remaining.
3 years 11 months ago #53068

Ok here is an update:

USB Hub on / off does not work. Command returns an error (As Jasem mentioned)

Must have been problematic because Pegasus Wiindows software solves this by individuallt switching eacho Port On/Off (from Pegasus log on Windows)
-> U1:0
<- U1:0

-> U2:0
<- U2:0

-> U3:0
<- U3:0

Also recycle USB is handled like that: all ports individually off and then ON

Another problem is how to detect which power ports are enabled. The firmware does not send leading zeros. So if port 1 is off it sends PS:111:5
Indi seems to interpret this (at least sometimes) as 1110 (last port off).

Log from windows
-> PA
<- UPB2:12.5:0.2:1:23.6:44:10.6:0111:111111:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0000000:0

-> PS
<- PS:111:5

-> PV
<- 1.4

-> U4:0
<- U4:0

-> U5:0
<- U5:0

-> U6:0
<- U6:0

There are also new commabds ib firmware 1.4 (no clue what they mean, since only 1.3 seems to be published on the website)

Further I could not find anything not working except the above, or strange error messages using focus in Kstars (3.4) I remember when I only compiled indi_core with the new driver and mixed that with existing Astroberry release, strange errors occured. After compiling libs and 3rd party everything was ok.

Paul
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by PDB.
3 years 11 months ago #53069

Paul, I would consider writing Pegasus Support and asking for the list of new features. They were very instrumental when this device just came out, and I worked with them and Jasem to get focus working initially. I'm sure they would offer anything they could to help get things working properly on INDI. I've never personally had a need to turn my ports on and off, so they have always worked for me. It was other issues that I faced. The focus issues seem to all be sorted now. Looks like it's only these two remaining issues with the ports.
3 years 11 months ago #53071

Exactly what I was planning. I know they are very helpfull, they really gave good support figuring out if there focuser would fit on my prehistoric C8. Will send them a messgage next week, first need to take a bit of rest now. (Think the new commands have something todo with Periherals Tab from the windows client)

Regards,

Paul
3 years 11 months ago #53072

Evans is quite fast and he would respond to your queries! Thank you for working on this, it's great to see the support maturing!
3 years 11 months ago #53078

Jasem,

Evans is indeed very fast in answering. So I made already a number of changes (and fixe a small bug) and I am currently testing these.
There are a few things in the PowerBox logic (especially with power management) that can cause straneg behaviour, but I don't know how to solve these yet. Need to do some thinking and verify also how it behaves on the windows controller.
Also an external focuser controller can now connect to the PowerBox, so need to develop that from scratch .... Seems I will be busy

Suppose best thing now is to go through the Github, forking, cloning ... en all the other complicated github stuff (and hope I don't mess up my fork again)? :-(

Paul
3 years 11 months ago #53202

• Thank you received: 140

Yes it would be much appreciated to get all the bugs and missing info sorted for this driver, as this is a very important piece of kit in anyone’s set up, I wish I was a coder and could help, but alas I’m not....
Much appreciated.. :)
3 years 11 months ago #53212

But you can help for sure in testing. The more I go through the code I can find strange issues. (Also in the firmware of the box, reported these)
I have overcome some of the global power/on off setting that do not really work as perfect with the firmware as I would wish. So i made the software solution in the driver. Then I could not get AutoDew to work, and i wonder has there been any V2 driver were it worked? I fixed the problem now, but I wonder if anyone has used autodew with the Indi driver. (Powerbox V2 not V1)

Another question: the code between V1 and V2 boxes had to be modified a bit. I can't test with the older Powerbox (v1) so if someone has one, I would appreciate if he/she could do the testing when my fixes are ready.

Regards,

Paul
3 years 11 months ago #53250

Time to create page: 1.131 seconds