INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Python 3.8.x is a no go

• Thank you received: 223
I do believe that with Python 3.8.x Kstars/Ekos is having issues.
I have reinstalled my 2010 Mac Mini (managed to put Catalina on it) Brew installed python 3.8.5 and I'm unable to use Kstars as I use it on my Mojave laptop still running Python 3.7

I do no not know if it's worth looking into this or not. As I believe we're trying to get away from a Python setup in the alignment tool for example.
Currently re-installing High Sierra back and will not use the Python setup but sextractor instead.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Gonzothegreat. Reason: changed Mojave to Catalina
3 years 6 months ago #60347

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
A more detailed report would be welcome. Judging from what you write you seem to mean that Python 3.8 for the internal solver doesn’t work. Is that correct? Can you post symptoms like error messages etc. that show the issue?
3 years 6 months ago #60348

• Thank you received: 223
One issue I posted here indilib.org/forum/ekos/7785-astropy-pyth...-on-high-sierra.html
I opened this thread here for awareness really, to see if other people have the same issue.

At first I thought it was limited to High Sierra, so I installed Catalina and the common issue is the same: Python 3.8.5
3 years 6 months ago #60349

• Thank you received: 420
For me internal plate solving with Python 3.8 and astrometry.net works like a charm on my MackBook with Catalina. See the attached screenshots.

Clear skies, Wouter
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
3 years 6 months ago #60353
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 133
No issues with python 3.8.5 either, but I'm on Linux, not a Mac.
3 years 6 months ago #60380

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds