INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Current MacOS Build?

• Thank you received: 420
KStars still crashes when I click Settings -> Startup Wizard (as reported here www.indilib.org/forum/development/7950-k...3-5-0-osx.html#62459). Crash log attached.
3 years 4 months ago #63024
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by AirBourn on topic Current MacOS Build?

I didn't turn on any specific KStars logs, no. The action that causes the crash is clicking on the Setup/Summary tab in Ekos while running an image sequence. I've seen it several times now. The best I can recall is that this happens when Ekos is running a sequence in the background and I click on the Setup/Summary tab to bring it forward as the active application. If Ekos is the front active application I think I can switch tabs without issue. But, every crash I've seen now terminates in that QLabel::setPixmap(QPixmap const&) and I see a sendPendingMoveAndResizeEvents further up the chain. It's possibly the combination of switching to the Summary tab AND activating the app to bring it forward.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by AirBourn. Reason: Typo
3 years 4 months ago #63040

I have Qt 5.12.3 installed and setup, forked the KStars repo on GitLab, edited build-env.sh with my paths and user, and ran setup.sh -r. Seems your username is stuck deep somewhere (probably in the repo) and I haven't found it yet - and it's causing several CMake errors and the script to fail. Ideas on where?
-- Configuring done
CMake Error in kstars/CMakeLists.txt:
  Imported target "StellarSolver::stellarsolver" includes non-existent path

"/Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/craft-root/include/libstellarsolver"

in its INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES.  Possible reasons include:

* The path was deleted, renamed, or moved to another location.

* An install or uninstall procedure did not complete successfully.

* The installation package was faulty and references files it does not
  provide.
Found one: KStars-INDI-Mac-Dev/ASTRO-ROOT/lib/cmake/StellarSolver/StellarSolverConfigVersion.cmake
Another with hard-coded path: KStars-INDI-Mac-Dev/ASTRO-ROOT/share/kf5/kdoctools/customization/dtd/kdedbx45.dtd
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by AirBourn.
3 years 4 months ago #63066

Any chance the KStars-INDI-Mac-Dev script will build on a new M1 Chip Mac soon? I tried it, but saw a bunch of link errors:

"ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64"
3 years 1 month ago #68722

• Thank you received: 811

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Current MacOS Build?

So I believe the current build will run on Silicon using Rosetta, but also that a good portion of it should be universal binaries.  Is this correct from what you can see?  My current system is Intel so I don’t know how it looks on the other system.

As for building on a Silicon device, I think that a number of binary files compiled by vendors for drivers would be Intel based.  But this should still work with Rosetta I would think?  Again I don’t know since I don’t have the system.

where were the errors?  With INDI I assume?

3 years 1 month ago #68740

Yes, it seems to run fine with Rosetta, but I'm talking about building from code. It fails with many link errors as noted above. I didn't look into script settings or Xcode config or Qt config or any other deep troubleshooting - wanted to know if the consensus thought I should expect it to build on an M1 machine or not? Doesn't look like it.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by AirBourn.
3 years 1 month ago #68747

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Jerry Black on topic Current MacOS Build?

What is the current status with respect to running on Apple Silicon M1 chip based machines? Rosetta2 or native?
3 years 4 weeks ago #68761

Trying to build latest on 11.2.3 MacBook Air.  See this:

<code> ========================================================================================================================
*** Handling package: python-modules/pip-system, action: all ***
*** Action: fetch-binary for python-modules/pip-system ***
Could not find python-modules/pip-system=3.5 in files.kde.org/craft/master/Qt_5.15.2/mac...clang/RelWithDebInfo
Could not find python-modules/pip-system=3.5 in files.kde.org/craft/master/Qt_5.15.2/macos/64/clang/Release
*** python-modules/pip-system not found in cache ***
*** Action: fetch for python-modules/pip-system ***
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404</code>
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by AirBourn.
3 years 3 weeks ago #69083

Anyone else trying Rob's new build script with the included Qt? I like the idea much better, but it's not compiling for me on 11.2.3 with XCode 12.4. Something in indiserver is failing:

[123/501] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/indidriverstatic.dir/libs/indibase/thread/indisinglethreadpool.cpp.o
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
Action: compile for libs/indiserver:Latest FAILED
*** Craft all failed: libs/indiserver after 1 minute 30 seconds ***
fatal error: package libs/indiserver all failed
Craft stopped with out completing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Something failed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3 years 3 weeks ago #69113

I just tried It, it looks like somebody made an INDI change that was not Mac friendly.  Here was the error:

FAILED: CMakeFiles/indidriverstatic.dir/libs/indibase/timer/inditimer.cpp.o<strong>/Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/libs/indibase/timer/inditimer.cpp:125:31: </strong><strong>error: </strong><strong>no member named 'max' in namespace 'std'; did you mean 'fmax'?</strong>    return d->timerId != -1 ? std::max(remainingTimer(d->timerId), 0) : 0;<strong>                              ^~~~~~~~</strong>                              fmax

I will check it out, its probably a real quick fix
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Rob Lancaster.
3 years 3 weeks ago #69125

Yep, it was a simple fix, I just submitted a pull request.  github.com/indilib/indi/pull/1396
3 years 3 weeks ago #69126

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Maciek on topic Current MacOS Build?

When I am in "Object detail" under Mac Kstars 3.5.2 there is no image there. When I click on it I got:
"Unable to create io-slave. Can not find 'kioslave5' executable at '/Applications/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS, /Applications/kstars.app/Contents/libexec, /Applications/kstars.app/Contents/libexec/kf5, /Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/craft-root/lib/libexec/kf5'"

Where I can report it ? Is there any quick fix?
Kstars was installed via home-brew cask
3 years 3 weeks ago #69146

Time to create page: 0.751 seconds