INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

• Thank you received: 812

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

Ah, the reason Ekos didn’t build is because the INDI build failed On Mac OS I think.

There was a recent commit that broke it.

github.com/indilib/indi/commit/048e190f5...e9777ed341842cd12261

I already made a comment there. It should be fixed soon.
3 years 5 months ago #63241

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Jerry Black on topic Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

A complete rebuid now generates the following for me. The only changes I made to build-env.sh were the TOP_FOLDER and QT_PATH.
In file included from /Volumes/Data_Raid/src-forked/kstars/kstars/fitsviewer/starprofileviewer.h:15:
/Volumes/Data_Raid/src-forked/kstars/kstars/fitsviewer/fitsdata.h:26:10: error: 'structuredefinitions.h' file not found with <angled> include; use "quotes" instead
#include <structuredefinitions.h>
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
         "structuredefinitions.h"
In file included from /Volumes/Data_Raid/build/kstars-build/kstars/KStarsLib_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp:29:
In file included from /Volumes/Data_Raid/build/kstars-build/kstars/KStarsLib_autogen/YBWGFWFLDP/moc_align.cpp:10:
/Volumes/Data_Raid/build/kstars-build/kstars/KStarsLib_autogen/YBWGFWFLDP/../../../../../src-forked/kstars/kstars/ekos/align/align.h:32:10: fatal error: 
      'stellarsolver.h' file not found
#include <stellarsolver.h>

Cheers
3 years 5 months ago #63243

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by AirBourn on topic Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

I edited my local dsp.h to solve the endian.h include, but looks like there may be a couple more broken headers, and you still have a hard-coded path with your username in ASTRO-ROOT/lib/cmake/StellarSolver/StellarSolverConfig.cmake:
In file included from /Users/bryan/Development/KStars-INDI-Mac-Dev/build/kstars-build/kstars/Options.h:12:
/Users/bryan/Development/KStars-INDI-Mac-Dev/src-forked/kstars/kstars/auxiliary/ksutils.h:36:10: fatal error: 'parameters.h' file not found
In file included from /Users/bryan/Development/KStars-INDI-Mac-Dev/build/kstars-build/kstars/KStarsLib_autogen/YBWGFWFLDP/moc_align.cpp:10:
/Users/bryan/Development/KStars-INDI-Mac-Dev/build/kstars-build/kstars/KStarsLib_autogen/YBWGFWFLDP/../../../../../src-forked/kstars/kstars/ekos/align/align.h:32:10: fatal error: 
      'stellarsolver.h' file not found
CMake Error in kstars/CMakeLists.txt:
  Imported target "StellarSolver::stellarsolver" includes non-existent path

"/Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/craft-root/include/libstellarsolver"

in its INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES.  Possible reasons include:

* The path was deleted, renamed, or moved to another location.

* An install or uninstall procedure did not complete successfully.

* The installation package was faulty and references files it does not
  provide.
3 years 5 months ago #63244

Ok I think I fixed that error, I replace all the paths in the cmake files now.
3 years 5 months ago #63251

After downloading from git, trashing ASTRO-ROOT, and editing the build-env.sh, it got much further this time, but not to a completed compile. Maybe now this is a Big Sur issue.
Scanning dependencies of target testguidestars
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework', needed by `Tests/skyobjects/test_skypoint.app/Contents/MacOS/test_skypoint'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [Tests/skyobjects/CMakeFiles/test_skypoint.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework', needed by `kstars/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS/kstars'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/kstars.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework', needed by `Tests/polaralign/test_polaralign.app/Contents/MacOS/test_polaralign'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [Tests/polaralign/CMakeFiles/test_polaralign.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework', needed by `Tests/internalguide/testguidestars.app/Contents/MacOS/testguidestars'.  Stop.
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[ 90%] Building CXX object Tests/internalguide/CMakeFiles/testguidestars.dir/testguidestars_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o
[ 90%] Building CXX object Tests/internalguide/CMakeFiles/testguidestars.dir/testguidestars.cpp.o
make[1]: *** [Tests/internalguide/CMakeFiles/testguidestars.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
[  1%] Built target doc-index-cache-bz2
[  1%] Automatic MOC for target LibKSDataHandlers
[  1%] Built target LibKSDataHandlers_autogen
[  2%] Built target LibKSDataHandlers
[  3%] Automatic MOC for target htmesh
[  3%] Built target htmesh_autogen
[  5%] Built target htmesh
[  5%] Automatic MOC for target KStarsLib
[  5%] Built target KStarsLib_autogen
[ 89%] Built target KStarsLib
[ 89%] Automatic MOC for target kstars
[ 89%] Built target kstars_autogen
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework', needed by `kstars/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS/kstars'.  Stop.
3 years 5 months ago #63252

I think this is somehow related to the fact that I built the 3.5.0 dmg on Catalina. I will see if it helps to build the dmg on Big Sur and use that in the script. Ideally we would want that to not matter so I think it would be good to see why it is linking to that library when it no longer exists.
3 years 5 months ago #63253

Entirely possible - I'm seeing a lot of these:
ld: warning: dylib (/usr/local/Cellar/libusb/1.0.23/lib/libusb-1.0.dylib) was built for newer macOS version (11.0) than being linked (10.13)
3 years 5 months ago #63254

The Libusb warnings shouldn’t make much difference unless you would try to somehow package it all back up and distribute it. The craft repo is much better for that anyway.

Basically all that it means is that it found the libusb in home brew and linked to that one instead of the one from the KStars app bundle. I don’t think that’s too big of a problem for what you will use it for.
3 years 5 months ago #63255

I can probably fix that though
3 years 5 months ago #63256

Ok I think I fixed the SDK issue, it builds again!!
3 years 5 months ago #63261

I think it's closer on my install. I've attached the script output if that will help. There are a number of deprecated QT code warnings which clutter things somewhat.
3 years 5 months ago #63268
Attachments:

I get a series of the same:
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX11.0.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework', needed by `kstars/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS/kstars'.  Stop.
3 years 5 months ago #63272

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds