INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

• Thank you received: 809

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

Now do you know which file was the problem? And can you restore most of your data directory? I assume most of it is fine. Maybe that’s not a great assumption though because we don’t know what happened to the file in the first place. . .
3 years 3 months ago #63554

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
How would I track down the suspect file? By slowly copying over files from the old data directory to the new one?
Software:
MacOS 10.15.6
Kstars 3.5.0
Indi library 1.8.6

Equipment:
- RPI3B+
- Losmandy G11
- Stellarvue 80mm F/6 APO
- Atik 383L+
- QHY5II with Orion 50mm guiding scope
- Pegasus focuser
- Flip-Flat
- QHY Polemaster
- Pegasus Ultimate powerbox

3 years 3 months ago #63583

Partially yes. I say partially because you can easily rule out a lot of files since you know it is not any of the image files used by KStars for deep sky objects etc.

Also I just took a look in the source code, which can narrow it down a lot more. The user profiles appear to be stored in the file userdb.sqlite. So if I was to bet on it, I would say that is the corrupt file. But that file contains a number of other things too, so you might want to double check before you totally delete it.
3 years 3 months ago #63593

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by AirBourn on topic Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

Hey Rob - this build script has been working fine for me lately, picking up the latest in the repos and generating a useable application. But, I'd really like to have the sounds working. Can you tell me exactly what I have to do to get the sounds to work in my locally built KStars? I tried copying the plugins and other resources into the app bundle, but that didn't work. I don't necessarily want to build it with the sounds, I just want to run it with sounds. Just on my machine. I also tried the DMG creation (the other Craft script), but that still doesn't complete.

What can I do to get the sounds to work on my latest local KStars build?
3 years 3 months ago #63891

Well you could try copying the whole plug-ins directory from the original kstars app bundle to the one you built. I think I tried that when you first asked and it worked. Not the best plan because there could be some differences, but still should work.
3 years 3 months ago #63892

Tried copying the entire plugin directory from the DMG installer app to the built app bundle - app doesn't even launch, crashes immediately. Is there another option? Copy binaries into the Qt structure?
3 years 3 months ago #63895

Yeah I wasn’t sure if it would work. You have a different qt than me probably.

Yeah, you could try playing with it. There are several items that would need to be copied from the plugins directory. The vlc backend, the phonon files, etc. I haven’t tried it too much as I said.

Right now I’m trying to fix a couple of bugs that were reported after the kstars 3.5.0 Mac release. So I don’t have time to work on this right now to see how it could be done. But maybe after I resolve the issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig, AirBourn
3 years 3 months ago #63898

I didn't think about different Qt versions. I just used the latest, 5.15.2 I think. How do I determine what version you used for the distribution? You script doc says "greater than 5.10 (5.14 or 5.15 preferably)," but the image in the doc shows 5.12.3 selected. Can you confirm which Qt you're using? I'll try to mirror that build.
3 years 3 months ago #63928

Yes I mentioned that in one of my earlier posts when you asked about phonon. The reason that I didn’t copy the plug-ins directory with this script is because I thought it would be smart to have the KStars built on that computer and that qt version to then have access to the qt plug-ins directory on that computer. I suspect that if we use plug-ins that don’t match that might be bad, but I don’t know that for a fact. It is also possible that when you tried it the crash was because the plug-ins were still looking for the frameworks directory which was also removed. I suspect I probably used the latest version in building the dmg because that is what craft uses. The KStars INDI Mac dev script is probably set to whatever version I have in my home directory.
3 years 3 months ago #63937

I just updated the KStars Mac 3.5.0 DMG on the website. I fixed a couple of things with the Mac Bundle.

- I updated the "About KStars" version number to correctly indicate 3.5.0 Stable
- Jasem updated libqhy so the Mac qhy library matches the others. I included this
- I fixed a major bug in the startup wizard where it crashed when it finished.
- I fixed an issue with the INDI Webcam driver, where it was linked to an out of date library. I updated the library.

Please let me know if I missed anything or if anything else got messed up. I think it should be pretty good now.

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: AirBourn
3 years 3 months ago #64038

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Jordi Sesé on topic Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

Thanks for your effort.
I'm afraid the problem I had with previous version remains the same, my QHY163M crashes INDI driver. Perhaps it's OSX version related? (mine is 10.13)
Nevertheless, swapping the QHY dylib for the one I used for the previous version seems to work fine.
In this thread you have all the details:
indilib.org/forum/ekos/7907-qhy-indi-dri...ylib-from-ezcap.html

Thanks again for your help.

Jordi.
3 years 3 months ago #64076

Thanks for the update, actually I just read your post in that other thread and I think I might know what is going on. You had a good idea about libqhyccd.20.dylib and I just used otool on the library to see if it was right. Here is an excerpt of what it said:

Load command 9
cmd LC_BUILD_VERSION
cmdsize 32
platform 1
sdk 11.0
minos 10.15

Note the minimum os in this library. That is a problem for anybody using a system older than 10.15! I don't build this binary library on my system, it is in INDI, but I know who does. I just asked him to rebuild it a couple of days ago because I thought it was just out of date. But no, it might just be that the minos setting was wrong during building. I will mention this to him and see if we can get it resolved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jordi Sesé
3 years 3 months ago #64077

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds