INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indi_celestron_aux

• Thank you received: 117

Replied by Doug S on topic indi_celestron_aux

Hi Fabrizio, I read with interest item #2 above (Plate solver sync). I have a CGX-L, and use the standard Celestron Indi driver. Some time ago, I was asking if platesolved sync's were sent to the mount to help build up a pointing model. If I remember right, I was told that the driver couldn't do this (no way to provide the offsets/updates to the mount). What do you mean by "add all required sync points"? Is this just for Kstars/Ekos use, or is it for the mount's internal pointing model (typically provided by N star alignment via HC)?
3 years 4 months ago #63607
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by Kevin on topic indi_celestron_aux

Do I need to build libindi Ekos from source? Or is there a different approach to add the two files above?
3 years 4 months ago #63608
  • Thank you received: 9

Replied by Fabrizio on topic indi_celestron_aux

It is just for Kstars/Ekos use. Celestron AUX driver controls scope motors directly, bypassing/ignoring mount HC. All the alignment subsystem software lives exclusively in the celestron AUX driver, without any interaction with mount HC.
"All required sync points" means the number you wish, typically at least 2, in theory the more the better, also better if not too far from the sky region where you are observing. Kstars has a nice tool, the "Mount Model" for generating automatically sync points.
3 years 4 months ago #63616

You need to build it from source, just copy the new files into .../indi-3party/indi-celestronaux .
3 years 4 months ago #63617
  • Thank you received: 120

Replied by Rick Bassham on topic indi_celestron_aux

Thanks fabrizio. I'll take a look. For the CGX (and I imagine the CGX-L) we have a USB port of the mount itself that uses the same protocol as the RTS/CTS, just without the actual RTS/CTS. It would be awesome to be able to use that. Also, these mounts will go to HA=6, DEC=90 when then MC_LEVEL_START command is sent to both axes. This would make the first sync point very easy to add for these mounts.
3 years 4 months ago #63619

At present, the automatic serial interface detection of the driver (method Handshake) is based on RTSCTS presence:
1. RTSCTS is working -> connected to PC (RJ45) or AUX (RJ12) 19200 baud, AUX protocol.
2. RTSCTS not working -> connected to HC USB/RJ11 9600 baud, encapsulated AUX protocol.
This comes from my setup with a celestron CPC1100 with wired connection, the only I can test.

You have another configuration with an USB serial without RTSCTS using AUX protocol and NOT the encapsulated AUX protocol.
The question is " how to discriminate programmatically an USB serial connected directly to the mount and an USB serial connected to the HC?".
Any suggestion is welcome.
3 years 4 months ago #63620

Yeah. I'm doing some testing now to see if I can figure out a way to automatically detect it. Might just need yet another switch on the driver to enable/disable the feature.
3 years 4 months ago #63621

As a workaround, you can use CGX with the direct USB cable by treating it as a networked scope and running this command before connecting:
nc -l 9801 > /dev/ttyS0 < /dev/ttyS0

Just replace ttyS0 with your actual serial device name. Then you can connect to the scope as ethernet at 127.0.0.1 for the IP and 9801 as the port.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim S.
3 years 4 months ago #63622

OK, so I'm a noob on doing this... But I think I've made progress. Here is what I've done.
Raspbain Buster img applied.
Installed Indi library, 3rd party drivers, and Ekos from www.indilib.org/download/raspberry-pi.html
Take Steps 3 from indilib.org/forum/general/210-howto-buil...st-libindi-ekos.html
I placed the 2 new files in /indi-3party/indi-celestronaux and replaced/overwrote the original
I ran cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ~/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-celestronaux
But I needed to change the directory to ~/Projects/build/indi-caux/indi-3rdparty/indi-celestronaux
ran make, and get the output below.

pi@raspberrypi:~/Projects/build/indi-caux $ make
Scanning dependencies of target indi_celestron_aux
[ 33%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/indi_celestron_aux.dir/auxproto.cpp.o
[ 66%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/indi_celestron_aux.dir/celestronaux.cpp.o
/home/pi/Projects/build/indi-caux/indi-3rdparty/indi-celestronaux/celestronaux.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool CelestronAUX::initProperties()’:
/home/pi/Projects/build/indi-caux/indi-3rdparty/indi-celestronaux/celestronaux.cpp:631:9: error: ‘setActiveConnection’ was not declared in this scope
setActiveConnection(tcpConnection);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/pi/Projects/build/indi-caux/indi-3rdparty/indi-celestronaux/celestronaux.cpp:631:9: note: suggested alternative: ‘getActiveConnection’
setActiveConnection(tcpConnection);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
getActiveConnection
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/indi_celestron_aux.dir/build.make:76: CMakeFiles/indi_celestron_aux.dir/celestronaux.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:73: CMakeFiles/indi_celestron_aux.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:130: all] Error 2

So how far off am I?
3 years 4 months ago #63636
  • Thank you received: 16

Replied by Tunafish on topic indi_celestron_aux

I think you may be off by 0.0.1. The Astroberry repo is still on INDI 1.8.6 and setActiveConnection was introduced in 1.8.7.

You'll either need to grab 1.8.7 from github or wait for Astroberry to pick up the 1.8.7 release.
3 years 4 months ago #63641

Or should I just start all over with Ubuntu?
3 years 4 months ago #63646

I just pushed here github.com/fabriziop/indi-3rdparty/tree/celestronaux_eqtrack last driver version. It has substantially the same files shared above, but it has minor adjustments to be aligned with indi 1.8.7 .
indilib 1.8.7 and indi-3rdparty-1.8.7 are required to compile.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim S.
3 years 4 months ago #63671
Time to create page: 1.010 seconds