INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indi-gphoto driver with Nikon camera

• Thank you received: 0
I use indi-gphoto driver with Nikon D5500. Nikon D5500 can save JPEG & RAW(NEF) files simultaneously, but indi-gphoto driver allows JPEG or NEF only.
But JPEG+NEF format makes me easy to manage images on PC. So I modified the indi-gphoto driver so that it allows JPEG+NEF format.

You can see the source code below. The base Indi version is v1.8.5.
github.com/Nekomeshi/indi-gphoto

On JPEG+NEF format mode, camera sends GP_EVENT_FILE_ADDED event to indi driver two times when each of JPEG and NEF files are saved. So I modified the event for NEF file is ignored.
So when we choose JPEG+NEF format, camera records both JPEG and NEF file to its card, but only JPEG file is downloaded to PC.

The function I modified is gphoto_read_exposure_fd() in gphoto_driver.cpp, and ISNewSwitch() and Connect() in gphoto_ccd.cpp.

I checked it with D5500 only. But I'd like to hear your opinion or advice.
3 years 3 months ago #63799

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thanks! This needs to be checked carefully with Canon/Sony...etc to ensure it doesn't cause any regressions. Any other issues with Nikon besides that?
3 years 3 months ago #63801

• Thank you received: 0
I don't see any other issues on D5500 so far, but I can't check if it works on Canon, Sony, Pentax and so on because I have Nikon camera only...
3 years 3 months ago #63802

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds