INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry PHD2 Lodestar

• Thank you received: 0
I have installed the Astroberry in Pi4 and I have updated the software packages. When I connect the PHD2 (ver 2.6.9dev2) to the Lodestar, PHD2 returns the message "No SX cameras found".
lsusb command is:
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1278:0920 Starlight Xpress

Furthermore :

astroberry@astroberry:~/PHD2 $ sudo apt-get install indi-sx
[sudo] password for astroberry:
Reading package lists... Done
indi-sx is already the newest version (1.15-4).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

and

astroberry@astroberry:~/PHD2 $ sx_ccd_test
sx_ccd_test version 1.13

sxList() -> 0

Is the SX driver missing? Can you help me, please?
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by sergio.
3 years 3 months ago #64500

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 17
Have you loaded the SX Lodestar into your Astroberry profile? if so then you need to select Indi device for the camera in Phd2 and in the box next to that you will select which indi camera (if you have more than one). I also use a Lodestar and it works fine. I have it in my Astroberry profile, so I can test it in astroberry, but that is not necessary. If you leave it out of Astroberry (so it is never connected), then you can load in in Phd2 as any other camera.

I believe the SX drivers are already loaded in Astroberry.

Hope this helps,
Ron
3 years 3 months ago #64501

Replied by sergio on topic Astroberry PHD2 Lodestar

I am newbie about the Astroberry... what does °Have you loaded the SX Lodestar into your Astroberry profile° mean? I have just configured EKOS and PHD2.....
3 years 3 months ago #64502

When you start EKOS you get to define a profile that says what equipment you have. in that profile (under edit) it has check boxes for the equipment you want to connect to. did you check the SX Lodestar for the guide camera? Also on the left hand side when you click on the arrow at the edge of the screen you get a menu that has an item for equipment (a telescope image). In there you define a profile for the server as too what equipment (mount, camera, guider, focusser, filter wheel etc.) you want to connect to. I you load this in the server, then when you go to PhD you will need to tell it to log to the Indi Camera (pull down list) and then to the right select which camera (sx lodestar). The first thing to try might be to not start Kstars, put just start Phd and then (is the camera connected?) select the SX lodestar and see if PhD recognizes it.

Other wise you might look at some of the tutorials for starting with the Astroberry Server.
3 years 3 months ago #64507

• Thank you received: 74
IMHO its a possible bug in the driver - i have the same issue but if i go into indi settings and disconnect the driver and then reconnect immediately it connects no problem. Might be a timimg issue in the driver as the driver behaves without issues after that. Note I am NOT using Ekos but using CCDCIEL remotely so is not exactly the same as the Orig Thread creator.

This assumes that everything else is correct in the authors set up - cables,power etc etc.
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
3 years 3 months ago #64538

• Thank you received: 140

Replied by AstroNerd on topic Astroberry PHD2 Lodestar

You don’t have to do both, you only need the Ekos profile, that will load the correct drivers at start up on the INdI server automatically....you don’t need to go to the INdI server page and load them there too...i have used Ekos for years and never visited that page for anything other than running the serial port mapper.... :)
3 years 3 months ago #64540

Yes, that is my confusion concerning the server panel on the left side of the screen. In the past, I would start the server from there, but I think that is used for when you have the equipment connected to the local Rpi, but Kstars/Ekos is running on a remote machine. If you run everything (equipment and Kstars/Ekos) on the local Rpi, then I guess you don't need to use the pull out panel on the left side of the screen to start the server. In the past I ran Kstars/Ekos on a laptop but the equipment was on an Rpi at the telescope, so that was my response. I don't think it has anything to do with the OP's problem, it seems he has it in his Ekos profile, it just does not connect. I would try Stash's approach, wait and try and connect again. I have had no problem with my SX Lodestar and Filterwheel. Check your USB cables, is the only other suggestion.

Sorry for any confusion I caused.
3 years 3 months ago #64544

I have set in Profile Editor - Kstar the guider as "SX CCD" with the telescope simulator. Then I press the button "Start" and I have the indi_sx_ccd server running in the terminal (ps -ef | grep indi)
astrobe+ 1202 1 0 16:02 ? 00:00:02 /usr/bin/python3 /var/www/indiwebmanager/main.py -v -l /var/log/astroberry/indiwebmanager.log
nobody 1209 1 0 16:02 ? 00:00:08 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/indi-mqtt.py
astrobe+ 2163 2138 0 17:44 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/indiserver -v -p 7624 -m 300 -r 0 -f /tmp/indififoebadb653
astrobe+ 2164 2163 1 17:44 ? 00:00:00 indi_simulator_telescope
astrobe+ 2166 2163 0 17:44 ? 00:00:00 indi_sx_ccd
astrobe+ 2172 2114 0 17:44 pts/4 00:00:00 grep --color=auto indi

Then I open the PHD2, in the Camera label I set "Indi Camera" and press "Connect". In the new panel "Indi Camera selection" the combo box driver is empty (I think that in this combo I should find Lodestar or SX, etc...

I don't know if this is a setting problem, but the prompt command returns the message:
astroberry@astroberry:~/PHD2 $ sx_ccd_test
sx_ccd_test version 1.13

sxList() -> 0

I think that the sxList should not be empty.

In the terminal, the command lsusb returns and I don't think a usb cable problem:

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1278:0920 Starlight Xpress
3 years 3 months ago #64548

You don’t need to use that panel, whichever way you run it....I can assure you, but if you have other software that uses INdI server, that may not start it automatically, then yes you may need to use that panel....but for Ekos....Never... :)
3 years 3 months ago #64552

If you are starting the profile from Ekos, then you don’t need anything running from terminal or command line, Ekos does it all for you....there lies your issue... :)
3 years 3 months ago #64553

I have solved!!! The problem is a camera power damage. Now SX repaired the Lodestar
3 years 1 month ago #66854

Time to create page: 1.193 seconds