Major INDI Library release v1.9.0 bring significant internal changes championed by @pawel-soja to modernize core INDI Library drivers and clients. New drivers for DeepSkyDad Flat Panel & Pegasus devices plus further improvements to PCM8 drivers.
I ended up pulling the stellarsolver repo from github.
After compiling the sources I installed it over the existing installation which was already stellarsolver version 1.6.
But the CMakeLists.txt had 4 changes. This seems to be crucial.
My local project is up to date and now also in a working state.
FWIW, I did try and update the KStars README file to address this stellarsolver cmake issue.
E.g. search for stellarsolver in the bottom/README section on invent.kde.org/education/kstars
If you feel there are better ways to phrase things, please let me know and I'll update the instructions.
Orion Atlas Pro, William Optics ZS105, Moonlight V2 focuser
ZWO ASI1600, OAG & Filterwheel, Astronomik Filters, QHY 5L-IIm guidecam.
KStars/Ekos/Indi on RPi4 w/SSD
Ekos Projects: Terrain Backgrounds, Polar Alignment, Analyze, Linear Focuser, SEP MultiStar & GPG Guiding, FITS autostretch.
Setting up another Kstars client I ran into it again. No problem, just noticed that the issue should be mentioned in the Kstars INSTALL file that comes with the git download, too. AFAICS the current version is from Kstars 3.3.7 and does not contain any info regarding Stellarsolver.