INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Focus driver via PPBA

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I've got a Pegasus Power Box Advance, and also purchased the External Motor Controller and motor to control the focus. This isn't currently supported by the PPBA driver, so I thought I'd try and contribute back and extend the current driver. After chatting with Pegasus Astro, they have kindly updated their documentation to include the serial commands for the XMC device (if connected)

pegasusastro.com/wp-content/uploads/2021...al_Command_Table.pdf

I'm just reading through some of the dev documents, but my question is on the best way to structure this.

As it communicates over the same serial to USB interface as the PPBA, I'm assuming it has to be part of the same driver as only one device can connect to the serial port at once. I would just need to add the INDI::Focuser class to it and insert the controls and any other code needed?

Cheers,

Darren.
3 years 2 months ago #66346

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Darren,

I also have these only to find out, that the external motor controller is not yet supported, which is why I am looking for info on this. Is there any news on this in the mean time?

Thank you.
Torsten
3 years 4 weeks ago #69069

Hi,

I've not had the time to dive into it all unfortunately. I'm not exactly the worlds best coder so its a fairly big job and I'm not really that sure where to start, which was the reason for my original question which never got answered. 

It does look from the instructions that its just a case of sending commands over the same serial port as you do for the main power commands, but how that would be structured in the code I don't currently know.

Darren.

3 years 4 weeks ago #69070

Hi,

I did some coding in the past, but did never write a driver or something similar. When time allows, I try to dig into the documentation. Another thing to check is, how the internal motor controller of the UPB2 is handled, if at all. I have that, but never connected it to Kstars. Will check, maybe that gives a hint :)

Cheers
Torsten
3 years 3 weeks ago #69095

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds