INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Extracting a single driver from the nightly build

• Thank you received: 56
I have just submitted a Pull request for some changes to the Pegasus UPB. I have tested on my Kubuntu dev/test system. Once the Pull request has been merged I assume it will become available via the nightly build. Is it possible to extract a single driver for the Pi 4 (Stellarmate) from the build without updating all my drivers on the Pi to the "unstable" versions? I don't want to mess up my working setup, I just want the updated version of the UPB driver that will run on the Pi 4 until the next library is released.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Sütterlin
3 years 1 month ago #66750

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140
Why, my UPB works perfectly fine, on the RPI4 there is no update needed for it.....I hope this does not trash the driver....
3 years 1 month ago #66752

To be really honest I find this response very disheartening. I spent a considerable amount of time trying to improve the driver, I didn’t just decide to trash a perfectly working driver. I thought this was the intention of the community. If people would rather I did not help my changes can be rejected and I will abstain from attempting to make any further improvements.

Now I have that out of my system, the UPB V2 Auto Dew function was not working at all and they have introduced a new feature in the latest firmware called Auto Dew Aggressiveness which gives us some control over the Auto Dew function.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Rishi Garrod.
3 years 1 month ago #66765

My appologies, I did not know of the new firmware or functions...and my post was not meant to be upsetting, I was trying to be funny, but maybe in text did not come across this way....sorry again...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rishi Garrod
3 years 1 month ago #66773

Thanks for the response. Maybe I was a little over sensitive. It took me quite a while to get my dev environment setup again so it was a considerable effort from my side. I really want to be able to give back to this community and ensure all the work does not rest on a few key individuals.

I am curious though that on your UPB V2 the Auto Dew function was working? On mine and on that of at least 2 other members it was not working and looking at the code I cannot see how it could have worked on V2. Do you have the version with the anodized case?
3 years 1 month ago #66775

Hi,
I have the V2 but I got mine just before they changed the case to the Anodised all blue one...well maybe the auto dew was not working, but I thought it was...could be my mistake,,,I agree there are a few little bugs, but have never really been an issue, like not being able to name the USB and Dew ports, or if you turn the USB hub off it can crash the driver, also having to set the focus rotation on reverse, and it not remembering after power off....
3 years 1 month ago #66780

Maybe you switched on the auto dew in the Windows app. Then they would have also worked while you were connected with Indi. If you tried to switch them on/off in Indi that would not work.
With Auto Dew on you should see the PVM and Amps changing.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Rishi Garrod.
3 years 1 month ago #66789

Yes I think you are correct.....I did have them turned on in windows ..
I have just updated the firmware to the latest version too...
3 years 1 month ago #66798

Time to create page: 1.287 seconds