INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI1600 with Apple USB-C to USB Adapter

• Thank you received: 0
Hi!

I was wondering whether anybody else had this specific issue and found a solution:

Normally I run the ASI1600MM-PRO on a Raspberry Pi and it works just fine. Due to another problem I had to use a MacBook Air. This has only USB-C ports and to connect the camera I used an Apple adapter (the one with USB-C, USB-A and VGA). With this connection Ekos cannot establish a connection to the camera anymore. In the log the message is: "Unable to establish: + ZWO CCD". To me this appears to be a problem specific to the adapter and INDI, since the following things do work: with the same cable and adapter I can connect to the camera from the laptop just fine with the ASIStudio software. Inside with the desktop computer the camera happily communicates with Ekos, both with the same cable or a USB2 cable, when plugged-in directly to a USB-A port.

Thanks for any suggestions

Joachim
3 years 1 month ago #66956

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Hi Joachim,
Yes I have a similar issue where Ekos on my MacBook cannot connect to an ASI2600MC. I have not tried with other ASI cameras that I have. I seem to recall a comment from Jasem in one thread or another about this and that it was fixed in a nightly build but since there are no nightly builds for Mac I have not been able to test it. Maybe I am wrong about this though.

Cheers, Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joachim
3 years 1 month ago #66958

Thanks, Wouter.

I can confirm that the problem disappears when connecting to an indiserver on the same laptop which is running the latest driver compiled from source! So I would hope time will solve the issue also for the internal Kstars indiserver in some future version.

Cheers, Joachim
3 years 1 month ago #66965

And actually Ekos also uses the newly installed when I start the indiserver from there. So all I needed to do was to download, compile and install the latest indi_asi_ccd driver from github.
3 years 1 month ago #66973

Time to create page: 0.859 seconds