INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New KStars 3.5.2 DMG to test

• Thank you received: 33
Hy,
Here are the two logs : dl.free.fr/gcOmlR2ab
Please ask if more testing is needed
3 years 1 month ago #67794

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 559
Those logs don't seem like the right thing.
When I unzip I get two very small binary files.
Do you have debug logging to file turned on for guide?

Thanks
Hy
> find __MACOSX             
__MACOSX
__MACOSX/logs
__MACOSX/logs/._3.5.2 failing.txt
__MACOSX/logs/._3.5.0 success.txt

> ls -al __MACOSX/logs
total 16
drwxrwxr-x@ 4 murveit  staff  128 Feb 25 13:20 .
drwxrwxr-x@ 3 murveit  staff   96 Feb 25 13:20 ..
-rw-r--r--@ 1 murveit  staff  176 Feb 25 12:58 ._3.5.0 success.txt
-rw-r--r--@ 1 murveit  staff  176 Feb 24 11:50 ._3.5.2 failing.txt
3 years 1 month ago #67797

• Thank you received: 809
Jean Claude,

Thanks for testing and I'm sorry there seems to be a guiding issue. I'm glad Hy got it narrowed down with you a little bit. I don't know everything that was changed in KStars recently since I was taking a break after getting StellarSolver working. Just a thought, maybe we should test if it works in 3.5.1. That might help to narrow it down a little more. I know that I forgot to include ZWO in 3.5.1, but it could still be tested if we could copy the right drivers and libraries that they depend upon from 3.5.2 to 3.5.1. Let me know if you would like to try and I can see if that would be doable.

Thanks,

Rob
3 years 1 month ago #67798

Paul did the camera work after you played with it a bit, or is it still not connecting?
3 years 1 month ago #67799

I am very curious as to why your settings were reset. The only way those messages would appear would be if all your settings were reverted to the defaults or if somehow your settings file got deleted completely. It doesn't matter which KStars you are using, the preferences file should be the same file and is still completely valid. I wonder if it had somehow got corrupted or deleted? The file is ~/Library/Preferences/kstarsrc
3 years 1 month ago #67800

So I just tested this on my computer with simulators and PHD2 and it worked fine. I think I would need more details.
3 years 1 month ago #67802

Hy I just clicked the same link and got a file that was 3.5 MB called "3.5.0 success" and another that was 10.2 MB called "3.5.2 failing"

Perhaps some download error?
3 years 1 month ago #67803

• Thank you received: 559
OK, Got the logs. Not a lot of info in them, though. Jean Claude, I private-messaged you. Perhaps we can talk and get to the bottom of this.
I don't believe debug logging is turned on for guide.
In the screenshot below, note that "Verbose" and "File" and "Guide" are all checked.
Also, please let me know which guide options you're using.
Hy

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Hy Murveit.
3 years 1 month ago #67806
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 33
OK Rob I will test with 3.5.1 if you tell me precisely what file I have to copy (and from where to where)
3 years 1 month ago #67812

• Thank you received: 0
I imaged the Orion Nebula last night using the Beta software on a Macbook Pro. QHY183M camera, ZWO ASI120 Guidescope, Moonlight Focuser and an EQ6 Pro mount. Everything worked flawlessly. Stellar solver was very quick, guiding was spot on. Thanks very much.
3 years 1 month ago #67819

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Ron M on topic New KStars 3.5.2 DMG to test

It appeared to happen when I was trying to figure out why 3.5.1 stable would not connect to my ZWO guide camera. I had restarted KSTARS several times - (also checking USB cables and connections and testing the camera wouild connect with just PHD -it did) 3.5.1 had worked fine before but I was unaware of the ZWO problem since hadn't been able to image for several weeks in our winter weather. and after installing it, had only tested it with M50 CR3 raw imaging camera and its driver. So when I loaded 3.5.2 to try it the settings that were 'ooff' got carried over. Once I found the 'unchecked' settings in the Options-iNDI panel in 3.5.1 and relaoded both versions, did it function again. - BTW - I normally guide with PHD, but While using both cameras the other night to both test cameras on 3.5.2 I did not try to use it with PHD as I j was unaware of the that other reported problem. I ust did some unguided images to test tht the cameras and plate solving (ASTAP) and imaging modules all worked. -those worked fine. Using Macbook Pro -, Intel I5, 16 gig ram, Mojave Mac OS-X.
3 years 1 month ago #67821

Ok I guess we can probably assume that there was some sort of file write error when you restarted several times? I will assume it was just a fluke then I guess.
3 years 1 month ago #67823

Time to create page: 0.837 seconds