INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New KStars 3.5.2 DMG to test

• Thank you received: 0
I imaged the Orion Nebula last night using the Beta software on a Macbook Pro. QHY183M camera, ZWO ASI120 Guidescope, Moonlight Focuser and an EQ6 Pro mount. Everything worked flawlessly. Stellar solver was very quick, guiding was spot on. Thanks very much.
3 years 1 month ago #67819

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Ron M on topic New KStars 3.5.2 DMG to test

It appeared to happen when I was trying to figure out why 3.5.1 stable would not connect to my ZWO guide camera. I had restarted KSTARS several times - (also checking USB cables and connections and testing the camera wouild connect with just PHD -it did) 3.5.1 had worked fine before but I was unaware of the ZWO problem since hadn't been able to image for several weeks in our winter weather. and after installing it, had only tested it with M50 CR3 raw imaging camera and its driver. So when I loaded 3.5.2 to try it the settings that were 'ooff' got carried over. Once I found the 'unchecked' settings in the Options-iNDI panel in 3.5.1 and relaoded both versions, did it function again. - BTW - I normally guide with PHD, but While using both cameras the other night to both test cameras on 3.5.2 I did not try to use it with PHD as I j was unaware of the that other reported problem. I ust did some unguided images to test tht the cameras and plate solving (ASTAP) and imaging modules all worked. -those worked fine. Using Macbook Pro -, Intel I5, 16 gig ram, Mojave Mac OS-X.
3 years 1 month ago #67821

• Thank you received: 809

Ok I guess we can probably assume that there was some sort of file write error when you restarted several times? I will assume it was just a fluke then I guess.
3 years 1 month ago #67823

Oh very good. So there wasn't an issue with QHY??
3 years 1 month ago #67824

Ok I will try doing this this evening with my ZWO, and if I can get it to work, I will send you a list of files to copy so you can see if you get the same issue.
3 years 1 month ago #67825

• Thank you received: 33
Hy + Rob,

I did some test guiding this evening with KStars 350 and KStars 352
As usual I could guide with KStars 350 but not with KStars 352
My guiding camera was a ZWO CCD ASI174MM
The sky was really not good (even to find a guide star)
The two logs (KStars 350.txt and KStars 352.txt) are in the compressed folder at : dl.free.fr/rCADOFLpd

Best regards
3 years 1 month ago #67828

• Thank you received: 559
Jean Claude, Not really sure what going on.
Can you please try SEP MultiStar and see if things are better with that?
To turn that on (see screenshot below) go to the guider tab, options on lower right, guide section (2nd from top on left), and for algorithm choose SEP MultiStar.
What guiding scheme are you currently using?
Hy
3 years 1 month ago #67831
Attachments:

Ok, it turns out that this is much simpler than it sounded. The only file that was missing from 3.5.1 that made it not work was one of the libraries, I copied that in and the camera worked right away.
As I had said before, it was just a broken link in my build folder that made 3.5.1 not work with ZWO. But it turns out that most of the files in there were good, it was just that one file.

Just copy this file into 3.5.1 from 3.5.2 and see if 3.5.1 works with ZWO for you.
/Applications/KStars.app/Contents/Frameworks/libASICamera2.dylib

Then if you can guide with 3.5.1, we can narrow down what is causing your guiding issue.
3 years 1 month ago #67832

• Thank you received: 0
Seems to be working good. What I discovered so far:

Dialog boxes for covering the shutter are popping up behind the Ekos tab and Fits Viewer (when open).
3 years 1 month ago #67864

• Thank you received: 420
The Mount Control popup, that can be opened with the Mount Control button in the mount tab, is too narrow and needs to be resized everytime it gets opened.
3 years 1 month ago #67876

So I don't think there is anything we can really do about this. This issue has been there since I first ported KStars to Mac in 2016. Basically, on Linux, there is a concept of parent and child windows and that works very nicely where the child windows will be on top of their parent windows so that the KStars skymap will pretty much always be in the background and the other things will appear in front of it. But on Mac, windows are pretty much independent of one another unless they are like modal dialog boxes requesting user feedback. So, when I first got KStars building on my Mac, I found it very annoying that many windows would go behind the skymap when I would click on the skymap. The best solution that I found was to make all the other windows "always on top" and for the most part this works well. The unfortunate side effect of that is that sometimes a few dialogs will end up behind those windows. But I think that is much better than them disappearing behind the whole skymap which is usually a much larger window, so thats why I did it that way. Its not perfect, but I think it is the best option
3 years 1 month ago #67878

Is this a Mac specific issue? I don't think it is related to the Mac build, or related to my build script, this seems to be a more general issue. I can bring it to the attention of others, certainly.
3 years 1 month ago #67879

Time to create page: 0.798 seconds