INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New KStars 3.5.2 DMG to test

• Thank you received: 0
No issues at all - it worked flawlessly. I did notice the filter window being in the background and the narrow mount control dialog as mentioned by other users, but these are very minor issues in my view. Thanks for all the hard work.
3 years 1 month ago #67884

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812

Thanks for doing the testing!

That means that whatever caused your problem, it was introduced pretty recently.
3 years 1 month ago #67885

• Thank you received: 33
It has been introduced between 3.5.1 and 3.5.2.
I thought you did the changes to solve the ZWO issue ?
3 years 1 month ago #67887

So the only issue with ZWO was that the single library file that you copied into 3.5.1 was missing so that ZWO didn’t work. I didn’t really do anything to fix the problem, I just made sure to delete the broken link from my build folder when I built 3.5.2.

So I was saying that if you confirmed that 3.5.1 guides fine with the library copied into the app, then whatever is causing your issue must have been introduced between those 2 versions. It should not be StellarSolver or ZWO driver related since those 2 things didn’t change between those versions, so it must be a change somebody made to the guiding code in KStars in the last couple of weeks.
3 years 1 month ago #67889

Please tell me how I could help !
3 years 1 month ago #67890

At the moment I am not sure since I haven't made any changes since 3.5.1 myself. I will try to let some people know and we will see what they say.
3 years 1 month ago #67891

• Thank you received: 565
Jean Claude,

I'm not sure what to say. This is what the log shows: In 3.5.2 after a single 1000ms pulse you move out a lot in RA, more than 15 pixels which is enough to terminate the calibration in that direction. When the calibration then tries to go back, by presumably pulsing in the other direction (the logs don't explicitly show the pulses, you could add debug mount logging for both ekos and indi to show that) the mount continues to move out in RA (not back). It keeps pulsing 1000ms to come back, but the mount keeps going out. Eventually calibration gives up. So, this is not a stellarsolver thing.

The calibration logic is doing the right thing. The star detection seems reasonable. However, for some unknown reason, the mount is not responding to the pulses to come back, or the pulses are not being sent as they should. I don't think the calibration logic was changed in 3.5.2. I'm a bit stumped, if it is a software problem. If not for the success of the 3.5.1 code, I would have guessed that there was something wrong with your hardware (e.g. unbalanced so the reverse RA pulses are ineffective).

This business of a single pulse completing the RA-outward calibration is unusual.

Can you compile and run source code? I could make a version of 3.5.2 with more diagnostics. Unfortunately, I'm no longer up-to-speed with compiling on the Mac (I could help if you also had a raspberry pi or linux computer environment).

Hy
3 years 1 month ago #67895

• Thank you received: 420

On Linux the popup looks good. On Mac, the popup is shown with the same width as on Linux but the buttons and text don’t scale well. Wait, I’ll take a few screenshots.
3 years 1 month ago #67898

Here's a screenshot of the popup on Linux. This is how the popup is shows without resizing it:

Here on Mac without resizing

and with resizing

Wouter
3 years 1 month ago #67899
Attachments:

Hy & Rob,
I'm sorry to say that I'm unable to compile and run source code.
This is not a hardware problem because previous KStars versions run OK on my setup.
I'm astonished that nobody else reported this bug.
3 years 1 month ago #67912

Perhaps not many people have tested this beta version as thoroughly as you. I, for one, have not tested guiding, mainly because my mounts don't work very well at the moment, and will see if I can get the calibration done, because that part does work on Linux. It's just that the grease of the mounts seem to have dried out of have become very dirty and needs to be replaced, which I am working on. However, I use ASI120MC cameras for guiding so I don't know if that makes a difference. Is it possible for you to test your gear with KStars nightly on Linux, even for only one night?
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Wouter van Reeven.
3 years 1 month ago #67917

I use only macOs and not Linux. Sorry.
But you said that the calibration does work for you on Linux.
This is precisely the calibration which can't be completed on macOS (hence no guiding is possible).
This might be a leading thread to find the bug.
3 years 1 month ago #67927

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds