INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to clean "build" folder safely?

• Thank you received: 20
Simple question: Is there a safe way how to clean "build" folder after the build is successful and installed? I am not a Linux guru, so sorry for this maybe simple question.
2 years 9 months ago #72683

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
I assume you are talking about the folder contents generated by cmake. If you want to recover the space without worrying about the next build, just remove the folder after you installed the application. Because installing the application is done with elevated privileges, it may happen that some (a few) files will not be removed. You may leave them there or remove them forcibly using an elevated terminal command.

-Eric
2 years 9 months ago #72697

Yes Eric, I am using this script: github.com/rlancaste/AstroPi3/blob/maste...upAstroRaspbianPi.sh
Can you please help me identify which folder can be removed after successfull install of INDI and KStars?
Thank you
2 years 9 months ago #72719

"indi-build", "stellar-build" and "kstars-build" in "AstroRoot" in your home folder, will free the most space.

-Eric
2 years 8 months ago #72848

Ok, I have deleted those 3 folders and the icon for Ekos in KStars is gone :) Now I am trying to build latest release if it will work again
edit: build was successful on third execution of the script. Only one of the mentioned folders is there (indi-build). I have renamed it and Ekos icon is available in KStars.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by hades.
2 years 8 months ago #73399

When the Ekos icon is not available in KStars, it means the default non-Ekos application, available from distribution repositories, is installed. That version will probably automatically install when upgrading the system globally after using the script. You may be able to avoid that by masking the package after building. You can probably open a ticket at Roberts github.

-Eric
2 years 8 months ago #73440

The Ekos icon has been gone after I have removed those three folders. I am sure it was there before this step.
2 years 8 months ago #73495

I have now analyzed the space occupied by KStars/Ekos and folder AstroRoot/kstars has 11,2GiB. Is this normal? Can I delete something from this huge folder?
2 years 5 months ago #76459

Time to create page: 4.699 seconds