INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Dome move only after meridian flip is finished

• Thank you received: 107
I have new PulsarDome and did some testing and found one issue with meridian flip. I set simple sequence without sheduler to object close to meridian. Then waited until it crossed so mount do meridian flip. Problem is that dome doesn't start moving until meridian flip is done. This mess up guiding and realign because telescope is blocked by dome for like 15-20 seconds until dome rotate.

When I just manually goto mount from one side to other dome start rotating immediatly to new position. So it is there before mount finish flip so there is no issue. I attached log where that meridian flip is happening.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by nou.
2 years 6 months ago #76014
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #76059

• Thank you received: 155
This is the same bug I get with my Nexdome when I polar align. The scope slews 30 degrees to the new position, and then the dome moves after. At least the distance is not great, and an 8 second delay setting make it work.
2 years 5 months ago #76134

I am new to using dome so I don't know if I am missing something but it seems like Ekos totally ignore rotation/status of dome. This lead to situation when scope is still blocked by dome but Ekos is already trying to capture images for focus, align or guide calibration.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by nou.
2 years 5 months ago #76153

Did polar aligment and sadly this doesn't fix issue when doing polar align. But it is not that big problem at least for me because scope can still at least partially see through.
2 years 5 months ago #76356

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds