INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Constant chatting to Dome when telescope is pointing at North Celestial Pole

• Thank you received: 13
I am running Astroberry using EQMOD and a Pulsar dome controller.  I leave the telescope at its indexed home position, the north celestial pole, when not in use. When I first start EKOS I notice the dome is driven to some arbitrary azimuth location which can be some way away and then it moves to the required azimuth position of zero degrees. At this time the dome is not tracking. There is constant chatter.  'Dome is moving to position 359.97 degrees azimuth..' then 'Dome reached requested azimuth: 0.000 degrees.'  These two messages repeat indefinitely about every 2 seconds.
There are two issues here:
  • When pointing at or near the celestial pole the dome never reaches its desired location of exactly 0.000 degrees. However 359.97 is close enough.  Maybe a refinement is needed for positional tolerance of the dome when dec is close to 90 degrees?
  • When starting EKOS the dome always insists of moving to some arbitrary position which can be some way away from the desired azimuth. It then does a second rotation and moves to the desired azimuth.  Can this first move be eliminated or is it necessary to configure the dome so it makes the correct adjustment for the pier side the mount is at?
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by David Bennett.
2 years 2 months ago #80162

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds