INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Dome lock problem in 3.4.3?

2 weeks 3 days ago
dmsummers
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Topic Author
Dome lock problem in 3.4.3? #57052
I upgraded today to the latest kstars release, and I'm having a problem tonight with dome logic. Not sure if I've tripped into something new, or what. I don't have a dome!!! Here's the error that's keeping me from moving the telescope:

2020-07-20T03:26:15: [INFO] Telescope already parked.
2020-07-20T03:20:52: [WARNING] Cannot unpark mount when dome is locking. See: Dome Policy in options tab.

I've looked about the options, but I don't see dome policy. Can someone clue me in to what this is about and how to clear it? I can't park or unpark the telescope.

TIA, Doug

RASA11, Celestron CGX-L, ASI183mc Pro, 60mm guider + ASI290mm mini, ASI EAF focuser, PPB, Rpi4-4Gb+SSD, Powered USB3 hub, hardwire Ethernet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 weeks 3 days ago
dmsummers
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Topic Author
Dome lock problem in 3.4.3? #57053
Must be new.....I haven't had to go and clear a default dome locks setting before. I found this in the indi GUI under telescope tab, options subtab. Once disabled, I can unpark and park, but the state machine was pretty confused (kstars mount control GUI showed different state from INDI/Ekos. Pretty confusing, but I got it out of the hung state. It's working again.

RASA11, Celestron CGX-L, ASI183mc Pro, 60mm guider + ASI290mm mini, ASI EAF focuser, PPB, Rpi4-4Gb+SSD, Powered USB3 hub, hardwire Ethernet.

2 weeks 1 day ago
phomer60
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Dome lock problem in 3.4.3? #57148
Doug,

I had the same issue after stopping the scheduler and trying to restart it.

In the end I had to completely exit kstars and start again.

Paul

2 weeks 8 hours ago
RugbyRene
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Dome lock problem in 3.4.3? #57190
I ran into this problem the other night as well. Couldn't park my scope or turn Sidereal tracking off as it said the dome was locked. I did manage to get around the issue (after spending 20 mins trying to find the setting) but this looks to be a bug introduced with the new release of KStars.

Rene

Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6
Sky-Watcher Black Diamond ED80
Meade 8" LX-90
Sky-Watcher EvoGuide 50 (guide-scope)
ZWO ASI290MC (non-cooled primary camera)
ZWO ASI120MM mini (guiding)
Canon EOS 7D

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds