INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Dome lock problem in 3.4.3?

• Thank you received: 117
I upgraded today to the latest kstars release, and I'm having a problem tonight with dome logic. Not sure if I've tripped into something new, or what. I don't have a dome!!! Here's the error that's keeping me from moving the telescope:

2020-07-20T03:26:15: [INFO] Telescope already parked.
2020-07-20T03:20:52: [WARNING] Cannot unpark mount when dome is locking. See: Dome Policy in options tab.

I've looked about the options, but I don't see dome policy. Can someone clue me in to what this is about and how to clear it? I can't park or unpark the telescope.

TIA, Doug
3 years 8 months ago #57052

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 117

Replied by Doug S on topic Dome lock problem in 3.4.3?

Must be new.....I haven't had to go and clear a default dome locks setting before. I found this in the indi GUI under telescope tab, options subtab. Once disabled, I can unpark and park, but the state machine was pretty confused (kstars mount control GUI showed different state from INDI/Ekos. Pretty confusing, but I got it out of the hung state. It's working again.
3 years 8 months ago #57053

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Paul on topic Dome lock problem in 3.4.3?

Doug,

I had the same issue after stopping the scheduler and trying to restart it.

In the end I had to completely exit kstars and start again.

Paul
3 years 8 months ago #57148

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Rene on topic Dome lock problem in 3.4.3?

I ran into this problem the other night as well. Couldn't park my scope or turn Sidereal tracking off as it said the dome was locked. I did manage to get around the issue (after spending 20 mins trying to find the setting) but this looks to be a bug introduced with the new release of KStars.

Rene
3 years 8 months ago #57190

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds