INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Cannot connect to 2m Scopedome / Arduino

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Gorden
thanks for the info
did the test to remove the config files, but still the same , config file contains the right info but is not loaded
i also tried to modify the default file and when i load default config or saved config this is fine but at starting this is wrong

on my side i got no message that they were no config.

Eric
2 years 10 months ago #70829

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

HI JPANNA

did a fast test: home is well find( north direction)
when i ask absolute position 30° dome is going CW (right direction)
but after reaching 30° restart to go CCW to search around 310° and then continue to oscillate in endless loop around home

Regard
Eric
2 years 10 months ago #70831

• Thank you received: 165
Thanks for testing, I pushed some more debug prints that might help with this so you if you can do some simple testing with full debug logging on, that might help in locating the issue. Gorden also did some testing before I added the missing prints and it seems to have something to do with the refining move the driver does if the initial move over/undershoots the target and goes haywire doing that endlessly. Hopefully the added prints will tell me why.
2 years 10 months ago #70833

Good news is that I finally found the regression that prevented me from using this new driver version with my own USB Card 2.1 controller so at least now I can actually run the same code I'm developing :)
2 years 10 months ago #70834

Here is the log file

i first send command 'find home' (dome was already at home)
then set absolute position to 30°, dome went to 30°, (CW, right direction), when reach 30°, then restart CCW.
Around this position (30°) , the absolute position read was around 110° instead of 30° so probably here is the issue explaining that is restart CCW.

Eric

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_scope...3_16.log
File Size:180 KB

2 years 10 months ago #70841
Attachments:

I had the same behavior yesterday. But when I wanted to repeat the tests with the improved log capability from Jarno's latest push I found everything working okay today. Nobody could could have been more surprised than me.

Gorden
2 years 10 months ago #70842

This afternoon I tested the version Jarno pushed on Friday. To cut a long story short: Everything works perfectly now. Parking, slaving, finding home, shutter control...everything works.

Jarno, you did an awesome job. Thank you so much!

Eric, how does it look for you now?

Cheers,
Gorden
2 years 10 months ago #70930

The code is now headed for merging at github.com/indilib/indi/pull/1447 so hopefully soon you don't need to use my special branch anymore (and I don't have to keep it up with the main repo :). It's by no means "final" but I think it's suitable for merging and also I'm not aware of any regressions so it's also an improvement for us older USB Card owners.
2 years 10 months ago #71012

And it's now in, yay!
2 years 10 months ago #71047

Hi Jarno,
if driver works please write same email to ScopeDome. We have a few other customers interested Linux driver.
2 years 9 months ago #72234

• Thank you received: 301
I am also interested in getting feedback on the Observatory module in Ekos. I am more or less planning a rework at some point to make room for other sky quality utilities there. Ideas, bugs, complaints, whatever suits you.

-Eric
2 years 9 months ago #72240

Hi Eric,

I would be grateful for a graphic display of the position of the shutter and the scope similar to the display in the windows driver from Scopedome.
If you need somebody for testing, please let me know.

Best,
Gorden
2 years 9 months ago #72294

Time to create page: 1.462 seconds