INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Save button not working

• Thank you received: 155
What would cause these buttons to not function? I have to keep re-entering data because I can’t save my options. The button doesn’t click at all. Neither do the other ones -Load, Default, and Purge. None do anything.

Peter
3 years 6 months ago #61254
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 223
I've been there multiple times, which kstars version are you running and which indiserver?
Did find out that on my side, the other day I was using a super old indiserver on my x86 laptop and I couldn't hit the save button.
I did compile the latest indiserver 1.8.7 and it's all good (kstars 3.4.3)
3 years 6 months ago #61256

• Thank you received: 420
I noticed the same using the nighlty builds a few days ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Muller
3 years 6 months ago #61257

I have the absolute latest KStars and INDI. I even get the nightlies.
INDI is on a Linux machine, and KStars is running on a MAC OSX MacBook. I connect with Indi Web Server.
3 years 6 months ago #61258

Yikes! Me too! I just did a nightly two days ago. I wonder if that messed it up.

Peter
3 years 6 months ago #61259

• Thank you received: 182
Ughh! That problem seems to come and go. It plagued me a few months ago, when nobody else had it. Then it went away, no idea what caused it. I think I completely wiped Kstars and Indi off the Pi4 and reinstalled them from scratch. But I am no longer certain.

Jasem wrote at the time that he had also seen this on and off and he didn't know where the problem was coming from either.

Which means that mere mortals like us have no chance to ever figure this out, so reconcile with your fate and ask Mike Pence to pray for you...

:evil:
3 years 6 months ago #61267

If I have to rely on Mike Pence then I’m doomed.

This really frustrating that no one can figure out why the save buttons suddenly stop working. I have to go in and reconfigure the slave settings every time I use my scope now. Crazy!
3 years 6 months ago #61271

• Thank you received: 182
Peter, I would suggest getting a Pi4 and running Kstars on the Pi4 and just connecting via VNC, not connecting in via server mode. The Pi4 will retain the settings and I rarely, if ever, have to resave them.

My current problem is WiFi connectivity. My Pi drops WiFi randomly during the night and then I can no longer connect to it (running headless mode). Nonetheless, every time it completes the schedule independently and parks itself in the morning, so this does not affect kstars performance in any way. I think I may have an undervoltage problem somewhere, perhaps a brief brownout triggering this. I would need to set up an UPS to test this, though.
3 years 6 months ago #61273

• Thank you received: 120
Cartes du Ciel has a standalone indi control panel that doesn't seem to have this issue:

www.ap-i.net/skychart/en/documentation/i...tion_on_linux_ubuntu
www.ap-i.net/skychart/en/documentation/i...tion_on_linux_debian

Install indistarter to get it. When I have this issue in the Ekos control panel, I'll switch over to Sky Chart's.
3 years 6 months ago #61274

I did that tonight. Even with VNC, it wouldn't save. It's the same INDI system.
3 years 6 months ago #61277

Rick, do you know if the Mac version can log into the INDI system on my remote Linux box? I need to have the slave settings saved on that remote Linux machine.

Peter
3 years 6 months ago #61278

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by Paul Muller on topic Save button not working

I've reported it as a bug in GitHub and Jassem's replied - indeed this is the definition of a nightmare bug in that it's very hard to repeat. Just had it tonight and the only way I could find around it was to edit the config files by hand.

My symptoms tonight were more that I could save but I couldn't adjust the parameters in teh Connections tab.

Again same as everyone, running the latest greatest.
3 years 6 months ago #61845

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds