INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ROR observatory - IT advice needed

• Thank you received: 4
Hi everyone,

So I am needing advice on IT hardware architecture. 

I currently have a mini pc running Ubuntu Mate 20.04LTS/Kstars/Ekos/Indi that is mounted on the OTA along with a Pegasus UPBv2.  The mount is Celestron CGEM, Meade 10" AFC OTA with Feathertouch Crayford motorized focuser add-on. Imaging with an QHY268C, guiding with an OAG and ZWO 174M.  I have been connecting via VNC to the mini PC on the mount, which has worked reasonably well.

The problem is that I now want to control the motorized roof, flat panel mounted on the wall,  and possibly a future meteo station as well.  Seems like a second PC or Pi for the observatory would make more sense than trying to cable everything from the mount mini PC.

Is it possible to run 2 instances of EKOS in parallel?  I know there can be an INDI server like Stellarmate on the mount, but can the client have local devices/drivers (roof control, weather, light panel etc) as well?

Any input welcome.  Thanks!
3 years 1 week ago #69783

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 109
I think it should be possible run second INDI server and connect one Kstars/Ekos instance to two INDI server. One local and second remote. indilib.org/support/tutorials/159-indi-on-multiple-devices.html
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by nou.
3 years 1 week ago #69823

• Thank you received: 69
I don't think you are at the stage where you need anymore equipment other than cables and perhaps a USB hub.
3 years 1 week ago #69837

• Thank you received: 4
Thanks for that tutorial - that is exactly what I needed.
3 years 1 week ago #69856

Time to create page: 0.317 seconds