INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re: ASTAP set up

• Thank you received: 2
I am gradually setting up stellarmate (again!) and whilst I have managed to sort earlier problems out, I am struggling with ASTAP. 

I have installed ASTAP onto stellarmate on my Pi4 and have run it as a standalone programme. However, looking at other people's set ups on the forum, I see images of stellarsolver options showing an ASTAP icon below the index files icon on the left. Mine is missing this. The settings are as follows:
Source extraction method: External SExtractor
Solving method: Local ASTAP

On the EKOS align Tab there is no ASTAP option at the botton - only StellarSolver and Remote. 

When I try to point the index files location to /opt/astap it will not load indexes and folder details say 'Dowloads disabled, directory permission issue. 

Consequently, when I run capture and solve I get the astap programme open but it says error accessing file - I imagine becasue it cannot access the index file. 

Any ideas?

Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Richard Wesson. Reason: Deleting image added in error
2 years 9 months ago #73465

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by Kevin Ross on topic Re: ASTAP set up

On the EKOS align Tab there is no ASTAP option at the botton - only StellarSolver and Remote.

Yes, this is normal. As long as you have solving method set to "Local ASTAP" in the options, it will use ASTAP.

When I try to point the index files location to /opt/astap it will not load indexes and folder details say 'Dowloads disabled, directory permission issue.

Don't do this. That's only for astrometry.net, and internal solver. ASTAP has its own set of index files, which you must download and install from the same site you installed ASTAP. You will download and install a .deb file, and it will put the index files into the /opt/astap folder.

In fact, if you plan on only using ASTAP, you can delete any index files you see on the Indexes option tab in Ekos, as they aren't used by ASTAP.

Personally, I keep them installed, as I tend to go back and forth between ASTAP and local astrometry.net.
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Kevin Ross.
2 years 9 months ago #73467

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds