INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Polar Alignment module - well done!!!

• Thank you received: 3
I'm having trouble with Ekos, especially the alignment module in combination with my Canon 700D just does not work at all. To avoid the impression that I can only complain about anything I just wanted to give you also some positive feedback! :-)

Capturing images with Ekos makes a lot of fun now, guiding with dithering - everything just works fine! The basic of this is a good polar alignment. In the past I only used my polar scope and did a polar alignment with me NEQ6 hand controller after a 3 star alignment. This was very time consuming and not very accurate. Indeed, it always showed my  an error of only a few arc seconds, but the guiding told me later a very different story - the hand controller only shows an educated guess obviously. 

Now, I tried the new polar alignment in Ekos. Unfortunately, it only works with my ZWO ASI 120mm Mini for any reason (see my other topic "capture and solve issue"), however just using my guide scope seems to be just good enough for this. It did not work for me in the first trial, but now it works like a charm and I could achieve an accuracy of about 14" (12" in azimuth). I feel that I could perhaps make further improvements for this, but now my guiding graph looks like a real flat curve. Indeed I cannot remember anytime where my guiding graph looked so even. And when you have found out how it works it is really easy and intuitive. So: this was a great job! Thanks to the developers!!!

Regards,
Jürgen 
2 years 9 months ago #73859

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds