INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[Resolved] Ekos doesn't respect scheduling option of twilight

• Thank you received: 25
Hi, This could be a bug. I disabled the twilight as a job constraint, but the scheduler waited for it anyway...

Hi, This could be a bug. I disabled the twilight as a job constraint, but the scheduler waited for it anyway...

2 years 7 months ago #74053
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 559
If you stop the scheduler and double click on the job (i.e. the line that starts "NGC 7000 Scheduled 1/45 ..."), is the twilight restriction checkbox checked again?

If that is the case, then it is "working as intended" and here's what's happening:
The twilight restriction is stored as part of each scheduler job. Once a job is setup and added to the scheduler's job list, unchecking the twilight box below would have no effect.  To make that change you would need to double click on the job to signal you want to edit it, then uncheck the twilight box, then click the "Apply Job Changes" check box (the plus sign to the right of the magnifying glass becomes a checkbox when you are editing the job). If you are storing that job for re-use, then you'd also want to save it at that point. This same UI is used in the capture tab.

Hy

2 years 7 months ago #74054

• Thank you received: 25
Thank you Hy. You were correct. The twilight was stored in the schedule file...
2 years 7 months ago #74081

• Thank you received: 559
BTW, I agree that this is not the most intuitive UI.
I'm not sure what would be more intuitive, though.
2 years 7 months ago #74082

• Thank you received: 57
Not just the scheduler but also the camera module works this way: double click something, change something else, click a check mark, then save to a file.

It's not intuitive. It's one of those software-trains-the-user features. But once the user has been trained (and punished sufficiently for forgetfulness!), it works very well.
2 years 7 months ago #74099

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds