INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Meridian Flip not triggering

• Thank you received: 19
Last good image was prior to that - after 23:54 things go odd - so had finish 25 good frames of HA and was now moving to OIII for focus - it is intersting what you say as there IS a known issue being working on and I have JUST built form master related to state in LX200_OnStep - if the mount is not understood that could cause problems - FYI the mount itself via app control is always consitent but the known issue was that park and other status in EKOS would get screwed up..... it is really strange as juts last week with no code changes I was shooting the same area - 3 filter chages and a good flip - hence my though there is a race to check status somewhere depending on some input condiition
2 years 7 months ago #74685

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19
It is possible that the focus routine itself interrupts the flip and it can never get out of the loop - I will set up a test of a single filter that will not required any other work than to pause the captures and flip (like 60x300 - all night in HA for instance) - if that operates it points to an orchestration problem
2 years 7 months ago #74686

• Thank you received: 41
First night with stable 3.6 yesterday and I've faced a few issues. The major one was the MF that never occurred and I can see the same issue as written here. In the end, Ekos crashed.
I'm gonna watch it tonight (I was not present yesterday) but any idea would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Sorry, but system does not recognise the text as code, so I've putted as spoiler.

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Euripides.
1 year 7 months ago #84918

• Thank you received: 370
The behavior is strange. Could you please post the entire log file (maybe zipped) so that I could take a closer look?

It seems like the scope connection was lost or the scope wasn't in tracking state, therefore the meridian flip stage jumps back and forth from FLIP_PLANNED and FLIP_ACCEPTED.

But without the entire log file it's difficult to give advice.

Cheers
Wolfgang
1 year 7 months ago #84932

Yes sure, why not. Here you are.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_21-31-58.txt.zip
File Size:1,106 KB
1 year 7 months ago #84936
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 370
As expected:

[2022-08-01T23:10:19.841 EEST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos.mount] - Mount status changed from "Tracking" to "Idle"

While the capture was running, the mount stopped tracking, that explains why nothing happened.

Nevertheless, it seems like we need to take a closer look to this situation, because it looks like KStars runs into an endless loop and might freeze.

Wolfgang
1 year 7 months ago #84937

Yoy've got to be right. Yesterday's last image when the MF should happened.

Today again, while the sky is clear, no clouds, obstructions etc. when the MF should took place I got this (I've stopped it and retarget to continue my session. :

@Jasem, is it possible by any chance this to happen after tinkering the iOptron drivers for the WIFI connection?

PS., For the record the MF to the hand controller is "flip at 0" and into Ekos Flip >0,02. I have those settings for the past year and I had no issues with the MF till now.
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Euripides.
1 year 7 months ago #84944
Attachments:

Is it set to flip? I read this in the logs:

iOptron GEM28 : "[INFO] Mount Meridian Behavior: When mount reaches 0 degrees past meridian, it will stop. "
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wolfgang Reissenberger
1 year 7 months ago #84951

[2022-08-02T23:06:16.620 EEST DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - iOptron GEM28 : "[DEBUG] CMD <:GLS#> "
[2022-08-02T23:06:16.620 EEST DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - iOptron GEM28 : "[DEBUG] RES <+0796500047022000010911> "

Mount is tracking here OK. In 2 seconds (Maybe this is when it reached 0 degrees past meridian?), this happens:
[2022-08-02T23:06:18.074 EEST DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - iOptron GEM28 : "[DEBUG] CMD <:GLS#> "
[2022-08-02T23:06:18.075 EEST DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - iOptron GEM28 : "[DEBUG] RES <+0796500047022000000911> "
[2022-08-02T23:06:18.348 EEST DEBG ][     org.kde.kstars.ekos.mount] - Mount status changed from  "Tracking"  to  "Idle"

Mount tracking stops. Maybe the setting shouldn't be to STOP tracking when it reaches 0 degrees? This would make Ekos not trigger the meridian flip.
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
1 year 7 months ago #84954

Jasem, I was pretty confident that it has something to do with MF, but right now, I'm not. (So maybe it would be better to create another thread or go back to GitHub)

After retargeting manually last night, the session continued correctly for about 40 minutes but the issue reappeared. This time I didn't had a crash, the session continued correctly for over 2 hours until I closed it, but while it was not tracking, it was just a disaster.

You are correct about the change "Tracking" to "Idle" but I can see the same later, with no MF, no power loss, no clouds, no cable snatches nothing at all.

[2022-08-03T00:00:20.863 EEST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos.mount] - Mount status changed from "Tracking" to "Idle"

So I can't understand if it is something that triggers the mount directly to stop.

PS1. For the record, the mount is connected though usb cable and not wifi that we were trying to fix).

PS2. I've rechecked my HC it is definitely set to flip, tried it with a reboot to check if it loosing those values.

PS3. Attached the whole session log.
1 year 7 months ago #84965
Attachments:

I think what's happening is that the driver is overriding your HC settings. You need set the meridian flip setting in the driver, then go to Configuration --> Save to save them for future use.
1 year 7 months ago #84970

Already done that. My concern now is that it also stopped when it wasn't the time to MF.

1 year 7 months ago #84971
Attachments:

Time to create page: 2.697 seconds