INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Polar alignment - mount does not slew

• Thank you received: 7
Any idea where the issue with the guiding comes from?
2 years 5 months ago #76941

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

That's what PAA uses, it uses the directional keys to move east/west. If the speed is set correctly in PPA and it still does not slew east/west, then I don't know what could be causing this.
2 years 5 months ago #76947

I tried different speed settings within MAX but also the FIND speed. The latter is only 100x sideral, very slow.

Did you see my issues with the internal guider? Do you have any idea what could be wrong there?

Could it be the StarGO2 INDI driver?
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Willi.
2 years 5 months ago #76951

• Thank you received: 155
I have the exact same issue with the CEM120 driver. What I discovered is that when you move the mount to the HOME position (zero degrees AZ), the mount stops providing the Telescope Pier Side value. This will stop the dome driver from moving. Once you move the mount in any direction, so that the Azimuth is no longer zero, it will get the Telescope Pier Side and the dome will slew. This is an iOptron mount bug I believe.  An easy work around that could be done in EKOS is to check if the mount is not reporting the Telescope Pier Side and then just declare that it is 1 degree azimuth.  It's not accurate, but 1 degree wont make any difference in your dome slot position.    
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Peter Kennett.
2 years 4 months ago #77289

Hi. I just ordered a Raspberry Pi 4B / ARMv8 / 8GB RAM / SD 128GB with an aluminium housing. I want to try StellarMate with that device and my iPad Pro.

Do you expect similar PAA issues with StellarMate on this RP4 as with the EKOS that is on the StarGO2 or with the EKOS on my MacBook?

I would also like to use the INDI driver for the mount that is already installed on the StarGO2 RP4. The StarGO2 has its own INDI server that starts up automatically on boot. So I would need to chain the SM server with the SG2 server… is this feasible?
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Willi.
2 years 3 months ago #78337

After updating to KStars/EKOS 3.5.6, I am still having the issue that during the automatic slewing of the PAA, it just stops after about 10 to 20° of slewing. I have this on different computers and installations including the built-in EKOS installation on the RPi4 in the StarGO2, which is basically “hardwired” to the mount. But I always use the same INDI driver/server of the StarGO2.

Is this maybe an issue of the INDI driver? How can I test this?
(The slewing buttons of the KStars telescope control work).
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Willi.
2 years 3 months ago #78558

After updating EKOS and the FW of the mount, I am still having the issue with the PAA. When set to automatically slewing.. its slews a couple of degrees and then stops. Trying different speeds does not help. Using the slew commands in EKOS works. This is is actually what I am doing now.

It mighty by a communication problem with the mount drivers… How could I check this? Is there any advanced logging?
1 year 11 months ago #82394

It might be going the wrong way, this is why. You can enable logging (check my signature). What mount is this? Add your equipment to the signature.
1 year 11 months ago #82395

Hi Jasem,

Thank you for the quick feedback. My mount controller is the StarGO2 Pro from Avalon Instruments (see details earlier in this thread). The mount is the M-UNO. The StarGO2 has its own Raspberry Pi4 computer with KStars/EKOS/INDI preinstalled and its own INDI driver for the mount.

What do you mean by it is “going the wrong way”? I can use the KStars arrows/mount control directional buttons to slew and move the mount.
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Willi.
1 year 11 months ago #82404

If you click "East" in Motion Control tab, does the RA of the mount increases or decreases?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Willi
1 year 11 months ago #82407

Ahhh, I see what you mean. I will check this the next time the mount is set up. Might take a couple of weeks. Thanks for the hint. I will also enable the verbose logging. Maybe that will give us a hint, too.
1 year 11 months ago #82410

• Thank you received: 2
Hello, I have the same problem as Willi. I use a Mdue StarGo2 Avalon mount. Any solution with polar alignment? I see that when rotating manually the mount using the Avalon interface my polar alignment is not consistent from consecutive run to run and then the mount is not well synced. Could it be just mixing up west and east movements? Any workaround?
Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Willi
1 year 8 months ago #84412

Time to create page: 0.988 seconds