INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Perfect Night - report on latest frorm KSTARS and INDI and ONSTEP

• Thank you received: 19
The Stars aligned! My run last night was perfect end to end - A number of code updates and using all the same gear.   The issues related to bizarre double flip planed did not surface which means OnStep 4.24i doe not have the random 4 hours different :GR# response (see my post about mystery) - The Guiding in latest was  spot on and I was re-using stored calibration even across  a FLIP - the "swap dec issue" appears to be gone.   No crashes in KSTARS despite having a few modules running with heavy verbose logging.  Other successes:
1) focus through all 3 filters = great and tight
2) dual camera operation was perfect using pre-capture script
3) all status of mount and location information was correct  (OnStep INDI driver previous issue)
4) no sudden diversion in motion during guiding - I had a number of SNR drops due to cloud and the everything remained as is until SNR came back up - that is HUGE
5) Mount parked properly at end of run  (90 x 300 which included 3 sec delays between captures and some other "settle" delays in the mix) - started at 8:30 pm -> 4:40 PM!!!!  and not one problem

The Stars aligned! My run last night was perfect end to end - A number of code updates and using all the same gear.   The issues related to bizarre double flip planed did not surface which means OnStep 4.24i doe not have the random 4 hours different :GR# response (see my post about mystery) - The Guiding in latest was  spot on and I was re-using stored calibration even across  a FLIP - the "swap dec issue" appears to be gone.   No crashes in KSTARS despite having a few modules running with heavy verbose logging.  Other successes:
1) focus through all 3 filters = great and tight
2) dual camera operation was perfect using pre-capture script
3) all status of mount and location information was correct  (OnStep INDI driver previous issue)
4) no sudden diversion in motion during guiding - I had a number of SNR drops due to cloud and the everything remained as is until SNR came back up - that is HUGE
5) Mount parked properly at end of run  (90 x 300 which included 3 sec delays between captures and some other "settle" delays in the mix) - started at 8:30 pm -> 4:40 PM!!!!  and not one problem

Thanks to all on other posts for looking at the myriad of issues - I am calling the latest code a winner (in all 3 realms) - well done!
It was so nice to wake up to this:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Gonzothegreat, Teseo, Ajay, Wolfgang Reissenberger
2 years 6 months ago #75941
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

Can you share the details about how to get dual camera setup to work?

​​​​​​
I use ZWO ASI294MC Pro as primary camera and ZWO ASI 120 as guide camera on OnStep compatible mount.
I would like to add Canon T3i for wide field captures.

Based on some posts,  I will need to set Canon T3i as Aux1 device in equipment profile and connect, but I am not so sure if that will work and how do I define the sequence etc.?

Can you please provide me with instructions and the capture script?

Thanks you,
Ajay
2 years 6 months ago #76055

A script and details are in this thread www.indilib.org/forum/ekos/9609-dual-cam...maging-realized.html

On the capture tab you will see a scripts button - select pre-capture and point to the script you create - it is a simple matter of indi.setprops call with your camera details that you can find from getprops call

I shoot all sessions with this method
2 years 6 months ago #76056

And note that is an older post - since that time the pre-capture script is now corrected by Jasem in an official way and it is available now in current builds so no personal coding required :-)
2 years 6 months ago #76057

Thanks Jamie,
Is this script in any specific folder in my Ekos/KStars install?
2 years 5 months ago #76063

nope - I just keep a driectory call "scripts" in my home on the PI....you select the script form anywhere - remember you need to CHMOD the script so it is executable (google that)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ajay
2 years 5 months ago #76066

Probably one last question. Where can I download the pre capture script from?
Can you post the link?
2 years 5 months ago #76068

Go to this thread : www.indilib.org/forum/ekos/9609-dual-cam...maging-realized.html that I posted above

1) at a console while INDI is running issue indi.getprop - you will see a flow of device output and there you can capture the NAME of your camera
2) take the script from the thread above...any text editor...and change name of the camer to what you have - save that script as a .sh script file in whatever directory you want
3) in CAMERA panel in EKOS look fo rthe script button...select the pre-capture script bod and use selectoin tool to fin your new .sh script

#!/bin/bash
echo "taking a picture"
#indi_getprop
indi_setprop "QHY CCD QHY294PROC-4e75.CCD_EXPOSURE.CCD_EXPOSURE_VALUE=300" <<<<<<<you set the camera to what you really have and whatever time you need :-)
echo "command sent"
exit 0

Then as you add sequences that script will be added to the sequence
2 years 5 months ago #76071

and note - second camera operation happens in the background - you can see it in the INDI control panel taking an image but do not expect to see the main camera window show any action on the second cam....all the activity is INDI direct and not through EKOS
2 years 5 months ago #76072

2 years 5 months ago #76091

Time to create page: 3.387 seconds