INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler - Focus routine runs, then the Solver hangs indefinitely, no camera or target indicated, it just sits till it times out.

• Thank you received: 2
I'm not sure what needs to be attached to this. 

I've been slowly working my way up the experience level with Ekos,.. have begun using the scheduler and getting familiar with it. 

Two nights ago, it ran just fine.
Tonight, it starts up, gets to the 'focus' routine, which runs just fine, completes successfully and then ends, then the next step is 'Align', where it just hangs.
The Solution Results window never has a target entry show up in it (blank) and the status icon (next to the 'STOP' button) just spins.   it will eventually time out and get restarted by the scheduler in 600 seconds...  If I manually cancel it, the Scheduler starts over and runs the Focus routine again, and then back to the hung Alignment module.

If I run 'Focus' by myself, and then run 'Align', no problems, it only seems to happen when the Scheduler is in control.
What changed in the last two nights in the bleeding edge updates?
I haven't changed anything except to run 'apt update' and 'apt upgrade' and also rebooted the system and also power-cycled all the cameras and mount and focuser and such.

Very annoying... It works one night, then two nights later it has completely bizarre issues all of a sudden and nothing has been changed except for running the update.

help?
2 years 5 months ago #76269

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

screen shots of it acting up and the mount log file.  was the only log I could figure out how to create.

other info:

Ubuntu 20.04.2
intel platform,
kstars version 3.5.6.beta, build 2021-10-02T07:57:38Z .. updated right at sundown on 2021/10/02
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by James Barbot JR. Reason: added more info
2 years 5 months ago #76273

I've had rainy days since posting this, and haven't had a chance to see if anything has changed.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Has anyone figured out how to fix this problem?

Short of re-installing Kstars completely from scratch and having to go through all the personal settings I had again and hoping that resolves the problem, I have yet to figure out how to get it to stop doing this.

The only thing that changed from one night to the next was the bleeding-edge update.  The scope sat in the same place, powered up the entire time, and one night it worked, the next night it didn't. 

If it doesn't work the next time I try it, it is effectively a useless scope system.  

2 years 5 months ago #76426

after over a week of rain, I finally had a chance to try it again.
It seems fixed, whatever it was.

problem solved.

2 years 5 months ago #76608

• Thank you received: 31
James,

It seems likely that something disconnected, probably due to power issues.

Paul
2 years 5 months ago #76653

Time to create page: 1.780 seconds